Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had a xmas interview for tesco around 2 weeks ago and thankfully it was really fun. I was called in for a work trial shift last tuesday and the checkout manager said she had a good vibe from me. She said she'll call me in a couple of days but no one has called yet and it's nearly a week tomorrow. Thing is i've put another job on hold for this as i'd rather get the tesco job but if not i'll go for the other one. Does anyone know why they haven't called for an induction or atleast telling me if i've got the job or not?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes they can be delayed in responding (or sometimes just don't get back to you at all). I would wait until the end of the week, and if you still don't hear anything, give them a call to check the progress of your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Sometimes they can be delayed in responding (or sometimes just don't get back to you at all). I would wait until the end of the week, and if you still don't hear anything, give them a call to check the progress of your application.
    Thank youu, should i just phone in on customer service when i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tika2017)
    Thank youu, should i just phone in on customer service when i do?
    It is better if you use the contact number that they gave you when discussing the job or setting the interview if you can find one. It may be in one of the emails that you were sent? Customer service would probably be a different department than the one dealing with hiring.

ReputationRep:
    They never gave me a number and the emails are automatically directed :/
    It is better if you use the contact number that they gave you when discussing the job or setting the interview if you can find one. It may be in one of the emails that you were sent? Customer service would probably be a different department than the one dealing with hiring.

ReputationRep:
    Update: I got a call saying i got the job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tika2017)
    Update: I got a call saying i got the job!
    Congrats! 🎉

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! 🎉
    Thank you so much! I have induction on Monday so I'm kind of excited.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.