Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have dyspraxcia and Autism which my friend does as well. I am 25 today. The thing is I am quite positive about the way I can live my life there are loads of things i want to do such as travel, learn to drive, get a place of my own, find someone i like and of course find work.

My friend though seems to be very negative and i think he thinks because we both have this disability we are in someway different and won't ever live normal ways. I don't think this is true because I know i can achieve anything I want to.

I watch someone called Krystal Bella Shaw on you tube and i really aspire to be like her. How do i get my friend to see that he is actually lucky compared to some people out their. I mean I would much rather have autism/dyspraxcia then something terrible such as down syndrome even though i think people with down syndrome are amazing

ReputationRep:
    Send the link to your friend and ask him to watch it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samthefootball1)
    Hi, I have dyspraxcia and Autism which my friend does as well. I am 25 today. The thing is I am quite positive about the way I can live my life there are loads of things i want to do such as travel, learn to drive, get a place of my own, find someone i like and of course find work.

My friend though seems to be very negative and i think he thinks because we both have this disability we are in someway different and won't ever live normal ways. I don't think this is true because I know i can achieve anything I want to.

I watch someone called Krystal Bella Shaw on you tube and i really aspire to be like her. How do i get my friend to see that he is actually lucky compared to some people out their. I mean I would much rather have autism/dyspraxcia then something terrible such as down syndrome even though i think people with down syndrome are amazing
    Thats quite offensive to people with down syndrome dude. Not cool. shame on u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Spearing)
    Thats quite offensive to people with down syndrome dude. Not cool. shame on u
    Well it didn't mean to be offensive. I think people with down syndrome are wonderful people, but I am lucky that I don't have it because It is a terrible thing to have IMO. I am very lucky in alot of things, so im sorry if it sounded offensive because I would never mean to come across that way.

ReputationRep:
    Again I have just spoken to my friend and now he is worried that his Disability money might be stopped because people think he can cope. he works part time and his money as been stopped before. He is off sick again now and has been to the doctors. He now thinks he should quit work just to get the money because he can't do without it.

Part of me now wants my Disability money to stop, I don't want to rely on it too much, i feel so much more posotive and i wish he could feel the same

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.