Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last year i applied to do an EPQ after the deadline. I was forced to do it by my friend because they thought it would help me with university medicine application. So i reluctantly applied, missed my EPQ interview with my teacher because i was so engrossed into the chemistry practical i was doing at the time and i got so much sh*t from the teacher for missing my appointment after missing the deadline already, and apparently i wouldnt miss an appointment with a patient so why am i missing this???
    But yeah 6 weeks ago, we started doing one hour weekly epq lessons during our frees and i missed the first one cos i forgot i had it, i went to the second one and wrote two sentences in my log, missed the third cos i forgot i had it again and the rest i just havent been going either cos ive been ill and not at school or just because i cba tbh. So ive been to 1/6 EPQ lessons. My head of yr asked me what i was doing cos ive apparently 6 lessons, when acc i missed 5 and he asked me if i wanted to carry on and i said to him that i dont feel like doing it anymore and he told me that i have to sign paper work to drop it or i have to go see my annoying EPQ teacher to "persuade/convince" him to let me stay on cos apparently theres so much to catch up.on but i asked my friends and they said all they did was fill in page 5+6 of their log and did some research on their topic.... How is that so much to catch up on lol...
    But yh my problem is that i dont feel like doing an EPQ anymore, i never wanted to do one in the first place. So i love the thought of signing that paperwork. But the problem is, i put down the fact im doing an EPQ in my personal statement (because the teacher that helped me with my ps told me i had to put it down even tho i left it out on purpose in case i wanted to drop it smh) and if i get any offers, ill get interviewed and then theyll probs ask me about it and its not like i can say i dropped it cos i cba. So what the heck do i do? I dont want to beg my teacher to let me stay on to do the epq cos i already had to do it the other day when i missed the interview and hes a dog and ughhh. But i have no other choice right? My next lesson is this friday so id have to talk to my teacher before thursday... 😩
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That's tricky. Because you put it in your PS, I'd say stick with it. Otherwise what will you say if they ask you to tell them about your dissertation? "oh, uh, I couldn't be bothered to do any work for it so I dropped it." They'll think if you don't want to work for a little EPQ, then you sure as hell aren't going to work for a degree. That's my opinion on it anyway. You get extra UCAS points, it's really not as much work as people make it out to be. About 2 hours a week to write 7000 words.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.