Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

guy I like wants to have sex but I'm a clueless virgin Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing this older guy and there has been a few time where we have been close to having sex, but I'm a virgin and he's not and that makes me nervous so I end up stopping it, plus I really like him so don't want to act clueless and make it awkward. Any tips on how to not make me nervous in doing it for the first time?

ReputationRep:
    It is normal and natural to feel nervous before your first sexual experience. Do you mind if I ask you how old you are? How old is this 'older' guy?
    You age, in my opinion, is important. Are you feeling pressure from someone significantly older than you. Also, whatever you feel 'in the moment' you will only lose your virginity once and I feel that you will have a better experience knowing that you are in a long term committed relationship. If this is a relationship on a personal, loving level then your 'cluelessness' won't matter because you'll be important to him as a person and he'll want that experience to be special. But..... there are certainly 'older' guys who would like nothing more than taking a younger girls virginity. I suggest, as much as possible, know your partner and his intentions. Don't do this just to please him or if you think he'll become more interested if you give it up. It doesn't work that way. My tip..... go slow, get to know this guy well, know if he respects you and wants to still be with you if you choose not to have sex with him. If you don't think this guy views you as being special then please wait, especially if you are under at least university age. Coming close to having sex doesn't mean he actually cares about you so be careful. I know you like him a lot but is he reciprocating the same feelings back to you? If you are over 16 then when you chose to have sex is solely up to you but I promise you it feel be a much better experience, especially for your first time, if it is part of a meaningful well established relationship. I"m not trying to be discouraging just want you to not be potentially heartbroken later.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him as it is. You like him but am nervous about the sex bit. Since he is older and more experienced, he 'should' be understanding of your situation and take it slowly and wait till you are ready. Communication is important.

(Original post by heatherjanes)
      I'm seeing this older guy and there has been a few time where we have been close to having sex, but I'm a virgin and he's not and that makes me nervous so I end up stopping it, plus I really like him so don't want to act clueless and make it awkward. Any tips on how to not make me nervous in doing it for the first time?
      You'll be fine. Just relax and get him to please you. It's alays easier to start off with masturbation with a new partner, especially if you're nervous. As you relax more it'll progress to full-on sex.

ReputationRep:
      You can only lose your virginity once, make sure it's to somone in a commited loving relationship. Don't give into to pressure from your older guy, if he loves and respects you he will be happy to wait. I think deep down you know that if it felt right you wouldn't be nervous. Listen to that inner voice telling you to not do this.

ReputationRep:
      Thanks a lot for this advise! And I am 17 and he’s 19 so it’s not too much of an age gap. He’s never been forceful or anything like that, I think he has kinda gotten the hint that I’m not experienced with it and is totally respectful and kind to me with regards to that.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.