Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poppy's A-Level Madness Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoppyElizAJ)
    Yeah you could say that :' What are you doing/thinking of doing?
    Currently doing Physics, Chem, Bio, Maths and Further Maths. Plan to do Medicine and then join the Military (preferably as a Marine Officer) otherwise join the (Paras) Army. However, I think of the next 2 years to get through A-levels and once I get into University, I will focus more on military then.

ReputationRep:
    Another day, another madness? (Books and music are great)

Maybe I'm exaggerating. Maybe there's something wrong with me. Maybe I'm just dwelling in a negative mindset that is only holding me back from productivity.

Today was not so great. In physics we were doing a practical on a topic I hadn't seen before, as the class I am in have been studying it since September. I'm picking up bits and pieces, but I'm worlds behind. Luckily there is a training teacher at my school who has volunteered to teach me the bits I have missed after school/in mutual free lessons. I think that will help greatly

I then had maths where we were looking at statistical distributions and binomials. All the numbers and letters seemed to blur into one, but by the end of the lesson I was starting to get to grips with it. I think I completed more work than most people in my class, so that shows something I suppose...

At lunch I headed to music. I couldn't find a free practise room, so sat at the piano in a classroom and played through some pieces. I was fully aware that I should probably have been in the common room, but I wanted to escape a little, you know? :flute: Year 8s started filling the room, who's tutor base I was obtruding in, and I remembered what I was like just a few years ago. It seems so long ago, yet so recent at the same time

My last lesson was DT and we were looking at how to make draw to scale drawings. I've got so much to do to be on par with the rest of the class, but here I am worrying and typing away instead of getting on with it... I love DT, or atleast I did. I'm not sure what I enjoy at the moment. I would love to be better at it, and that's something I suppose?

After school I don't know what happened. Instead of walking straight home, I walked into the middle of the school field, through my bag onto the floor and just sat there. Tears fell and they kept coming. It took an hour of thinking, texts from a friend and good music to get me on my feet and walking home again.

Now, all this doesn't sound healthy to me, though comparatively I have so little to worry about. This thought resonates with me; I should be more grateful. I'm working on it...

Anyway, I came home, had dinner with my mum and brother and disappeared upstairs, immersed in John Green's new book 'Turtles All The Way Down'. I'm loving it and am finding bits of myself in Aza, the main character. John Green ~ You've done it again. His books are all so unique, yet they all seem to link to a common theme; discontent, but finding beauty in a non perfect world and moving on; I find them so endearing.

It's 8:30 and I have a big piece of Geography homework due tomorrow that I should probably crack on with. I've got jazz music driving me on, and the promise of a good book to look forward to.

Live long and prosper :chaplin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    Currently doing Physics, Chem, Bio, Maths and Further Maths. Plan to do Medicine and then join the Military (preferably as a Marine Officer) otherwise join the (Paras) Army. However, I think of the next 2 years to get through A-levels and once I get into University, I will focus more on military then.
    Wow, that's impressive :shock: Good luck, not that you'll need it!

Submit reply
Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.