Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anyway to make myself emotionally stronger? Watch

I have a bad relationship with my mum and we never see eye to eye. She says a lot of things that upset me somtimes and they are very serous things which I don't feel comfortable sharing. However I was wondering if there was a way I can deal with the sadness and anger she makes me feel. I somtimes keep calling her nasty things in my mind and I hate doing that what kind of a child calls his mom bad things or says bad stuff about his mom?
    I somtimes stay late in school hoping some teacher would call me back for extra work or I even thought about going late to school on purpose just so I could get a detention and have an excuse for not coming home on time. I can't keep going like this, my brother is so chill and relaxed with my moms behaviour he tells me to just ignore it. I envy his ease with it, I do I make myself like him
    It's making me depressed and starting to have an effect on studies and I can't sleep at night. I stay up until 1:00am must have flashbacks of her behaviour.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Seems like your mum is quite the opposite of what she should be like. Have you tried talking to your teacher or a counsellor? No one can suddenly become emotionally strong so you have to get someone to help you. Your brother might be strong but clearly you aren't so I would suggest to get help soon as it might disturb you in the long run which isn't healthy for you.

ReputationRep:
    Take inspiration from music and stuff. I am lucky as my mum is amazing but i reckon music will help. Also look up to people who didn't have great parents. My favourite song atm is 'the fall' by the weeknd. The lyrics are phenomenal and anyone can relate to them. But yeah do research on different inspirational ppl. My two are connor mcgregor and the weeknd

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

Would it help to talk to relative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a bad relationship with my mum and we never see eye to eye. She says a lot of things that upset me somtimes and they are very serous things which I don't feel comfortable sharing. However I was wondering if there was a way I can deal with the sadness and anger she makes me feel. I somtimes keep calling her nasty things in my mind and I hate doing that what kind of a child calls his mom bad things or says bad stuff about his mom?
    I somtimes stay late in school hoping some teacher would call me back for extra work or I even thought about going late to school on purpose just so I could get a detention and have an excuse for not coming home on time. I can't keep going like this, my brother is so chill and relaxed with my moms behaviour he tells me to just ignore it. I envy his ease with it, I do I make myself like him
    It's making me depressed and starting to have an effect on studies and I can't sleep at night. I stay up until 1:00am must have flashbacks of her behaviour.
    Have you tried talking to your mum about this first? I think it is a good idea to first discuss it with her somewhere private with a 1 to 1 comversation and tell her what she does that annoys you. While simultaenously she can tell you what problems she has with you. With this you may be able to come to an agreement with eachother. As I'm sure your mother doesn't purposefully try and do this and maybe just wants the best for you. Otherwise if that doesn't work I highly recommend you find something you can devote your time to that makes you happy to try and get rid of the negative emotions you have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.