Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MXX - Motion of No Confidence in the Government Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Oh right. I was just wondering. Enjoy your lurking.
    An aside, but I'm eagerly awaiting the presented TSR budget. Having written one (I'm now on the second), I know that it's rather intensive, and also an interesting process. I have no economics background whatsoever, so writing a budget has been invaluable for me in forming opinions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    Erm what? So why was it bad enough when the Conservatives were in Government and not even halfway into the term you decide that you should propose a MoNC? I don't think you get how bad this is. I'll reiterate for you so you realise the scale of this problem.

This Government is inactive, causing it to trigger three consecutive by-elections, no Budget (but yet you thought that only 47 days into the ConLib Government, no Budget is not acceptable), puny number of SoIs and bills (again, you thought that only 47 days in this wasn't acceptable for a different Government) and amongst those who have lost their seats are from the Cabinet, including the Chancellor. Who is supposed to be a perfect model to all of us of what an active member of Government should look like but... he's just lost his seat. Few members are making legislation, fair enough, that's normal. But it's not normal if it is always the same members and it's always from the same party.

I think you ought to reconsider your position on this.
    These are fair points and if I were an MP I'd have a very tough decision to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metaphoricalworm)
    An aside, but I'm eagerly awaiting the presented TSR budget. Having written one (I'm now on the second), I know that it's rather intensive, and also an interesting process. I have no economics background whatsoever, so writing a budget has been invaluable for me in forming opinions.
    I'm glad to hear it and look forward to presenting it myself. I guess we're the same on the background (at least, beyond the basics) and agree with you on that front. I'd be interested to see your first Budget though.

ReputationRep:
    Chancellor on Reddit MHOC. I lurk on TSR.
    Your former chief sec on Reddit, Friedmanite, is in all likelihood the now infamous TSR Member Fleky, were you aware of this?

ReputationRep:
    Chancellor on Reddit MHOC. I lurk on TSR.
    You purpleslug?

Want to join a party on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Your former chief sec on Reddit, Friedmanite, is in all likelihood the now infamous TSR Member Fleky, were you aware of this?
    You guys are aware about the drama going on over there, I'm surprised.

Answer's no, though. What's all the stuff he did?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    You purpleslug?

Want to join a party on here?
    I am indeed! CoffeeGeek has scooped me up for the TSR Tories.

ReputationRep:

Duping and sending illegal pms during an election

ReputationRep:

Yes, I am a member of the CLibs on reddit along with many of my colleagues in the TSR libertarians.

Fleky on TSR got booted out of the TSR Tories for a variety of reasons that I’ll let CoffeeGeek explain to you. He was obsessed with Milton Friedman and the Laffer curve and had poor SPaG like Friedmanite.

Anyway after being kicked from the Tories he joined my party, the libertarians, went on a massive recruiting spree which got him supporters who were personally loyal to him, this allowed him to be elected deputy leader.

During the last GE in June he was found guilty of electoral fraud by breaking rules on unsolicited private messages, this resulted in him being banned.

In spite of his ban, he almost instantly made a duplicate account called F.V Wieser to try and deceive the house of his identity to keep going; however it was blatantly obvious that he was Fleky and he was eventually banned again, this time for a longer period, we have not seen him since despite his second ban coming to an end; that is why we believe he is Friedmanite.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit irrelevant to the motion guys...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, very true —

Support the Motion! A Government whose most senior members seats have to go to by-election is clearly a Government that isn't up for the job of governing the country!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't this be going to division soon?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Even when irrelevant, Flecky seems to be brought up in every conversation it seems
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    yeah, very true —

Support the Motion! A Government whose most senior members seats have to go to by-election is clearly a Government that isn't up for the job of governing the country!
    I'm hurt mate

Nice to see you around here though. I hope you stick around a bit
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This motion has been put to division.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.