Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend f**king me off, advice? Watch

We have been together a couple of months and it's been going great, BUT

I ask her to go out every so often, and the last three times in a row she has said no, claiming something that's either exaggerated or untrue. For example she was able to be clubbing until 6 in the morning for a friends birthday but I ask her out and she suddenly has an early curfew - IN THE SAME WEEK.

Is she being difficult on purpose?

Is there any point continuing the relationship? Obviously I want to see her but it feels like she doesn't want to see me and I'm at breaking point - I feel like I should dump her and move on because I can't be dealing with it any more.

Any advice? Not sure what to do

ReputationRep:
    Does she ever make the effort to ask you out?

ReputationRep:
    be straight with her mate. Tell her that she's f***ing up and that you you shouldn't have to deal with it but before you say that, communicate. Ask her why she's been blowing you off - there's no use being getting pissed without really knowing what's going on with her.

(Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Does she ever make the effort to ask you out?
    No, but she is indecisive as all f**k and a little socially nervous so I let that slide because she used to say yes to anywhere I wanted to go. Now she's unable to see me all the time and its frustrating me.

ReputationRep:
    Anything changed along the way?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah major red flag bro. I would break up with her. Not worth the hassle and stress

ReputationRep:
    Have a conversation with her first, then decide whether it's worth sticking around based on her response to how u feel.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Lol what, no don't break up without talking to her first.

Why do people think breaking up first without any form of communication is a good idea? :lol:

(Original post by UWS)
    Lol what, no don't break up without talking to her first.

Why do people think breaking up first without any form of communication is a good idea? :lol:
    To clarify I did mean after talking to her about it I meant if nothing changes from that point on (granted I didn't write that in the OP but I am a little stressed)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, but she is indecisive as all f**k and a little socially nervous so I let that slide because she used to say yes to anywhere I wanted to go. Now she's unable to see me all the time and its frustrating me.
    I don't know if her reasons for not meeting up are genuine or not. I think the best thing is to talk to her and tell her how this makes you feel. If she can't make the time for you, how can you be happy together? It might be she doesn't realise the effects of her actions or another reason, it is something you need to get to the bottom of.

ReputationRep:
    talk to her then break up with her
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Definitely talk to her about it, although it does come across as if she doesn't want to see you for whatever reason so I can understand why you're frustrated.

Hopefully she'll be able to shed some light on why she's doing it if her reasons are genuine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.