Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My brother is mean somtimes and I feel very upset Watch

My brother has a really strange personality he calls me mean things and calls me ugly and then the next second he will be joking around and being really nice to me. He throws stuff at me somtimes and says things like your crazy and your a burden to the family and then when I get upset he has the nerve to try and cheer me up.
    When I talk to my parents about these problems he calls me a snitch and tells me how much of a crybaby I am and I'll always go crying to "mummy and daddy" for eveything.
    He messes around with all my things and throws it all way just to annoy me. He took all my stationary and chucked it around the house and some of it in the bin for no reason!
    He draws all over my books and on the walls of my bedroom
    And no he's not a baby or a child he can be classified in the category of "teenager" behaviour wise he's worse then a baby. Am I overreacting? He's getting even worse and says things that really do make me uspet somtimes.
    He somtimes also hits me and pushes me around as well. How do I deal with this?

how old is he ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My brother has a really strange personality he calls me mean things and calls me ugly and then the next second he will be joking around and being really nice to me. He throws stuff at me somtimes and says things like your crazy and your a burden to the family and then when I get upset he has the nerve to try and cheer me up.
    When I talk to my parents about these problems he calls me a snitch and tells me how much of a crybaby I am and I'll always go crying to "mummy and daddy" for eveything.
    He messes around with all my things and throws it all way just to annoy me. He took all my stationary and chucked it around the house and some of it in the bin for no reason!
    He draws all over my books and on the walls of my bedroom
    And no he's not a baby or a child he can be classified in the category of "teenager" behaviour wise he's worse then a baby. Am I overreacting? He's getting even worse and says things that really do make me uspet somtimes.
    He somtimes also hits me and pushes me around as well. How do I deal with this?
    Hey, sorry you feel like this. Firstly have you sat your parents down and explained to them how he actually makes you feel so maybe they can talk to him as he may just not know how bad he’s making you feel. I would just say oh that’s how all brothers are but if he’s a teenager he really should of outgrown that phase by now u less there hasn’t really been any parental intervention, or it maybe something going on in his life that’s causing him to behave this way. I’d reccoment having a real conversation with your parents first and then if that doesn’t work try to speak to your brother and see where he is coming from.

(Original post by Casisalive)
    Hey, sorry you feel like this. Firstly have you sat your parents down and explained to them how he actually makes you feel so maybe they can talk to him as he may just not know how bad he’s making you feel. I would just say oh that’s how all brothers are but if he’s a teenager he really should of outgrown that phase by now u less there hasn’t really been any parental intervention, or it maybe something going on in his life that’s causing him to behave this way. I’d reccoment having a real conversation with your parents first and then if that doesn’t work try to speak to your brother and see where he is coming from.
    So what your saying is "boys will be boys"
    Seems Slightly unfair to me

Anyways you could try and lock your room and hide your stuff better. When he says mean things ignore him or try to not show he's hurting you. Try and sit with your parents so whatever he has to say he will say it Infront of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So what your saying is "boys will be boys"
    Seems Slightly unfair to me

Anyways you could try and lock your room and hide your stuff better. When he says mean things ignore him or try to not show he's hurting you. Try and sit with your parents so whatever he has to say he will say it Infront of them.
    Idk if you read it properly but I just said at younger ages like sub 7yo yeah but I said if he is a teenager it’s not excusable.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't seem like ENTIRELY normal behaviour. Just a cautious suggestion, but your brother might want to visit a psychiatrist if this gets worse and the highs and lows of his behaviour become more extreme.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.