Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lets have a serious discussion about this? How does it really stack up against other Unis? Is it under or overrated?

ReputationRep:
    Second-tier Russell group. Very good university but not elite IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realitysreflexx)
    Lets have a serious discussion about this? How does it really stack up against other Unis? Is it under or overrated?
    Depends what you call elite. Some will say top 10 is elite which notts is, others say only Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial and then maybe UCL is considered elite.

What I like about notts is that they dont give a **** whether you think it's elite or not. They keep rising up and pushing to be better, attracting employers and talent too.

ReputationRep:
    inb4 it's not part of the "top 8" therefore its not elite...

ReputationRep:
    Its in an Awkward Position, going off the Complete Uni table which for some odd reason is my favorite one, its ranked 12th in the Russell group, out of 24 Unis that are supposed to represent elite, thats pretty good, but i guess the best way to answer this will be in 3 years when i graduate from Nottingham depending on what job i get 😂😂😉
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Realitysreflexx)
    Its in an Awkward Position, going off the Complete Uni table which for some odd reason is my favorite one, its ranked 12th in the Russell group, out of 24 Unis that are supposed to represent elite, thats pretty good, but i guess the best way to answer this will be in 3 years when i graduate from Nottingham deoendigng on what job i get 😂😂😉
    uni rankings are pretty terrible in general especially if you're looking at prestige alone. Nottingham has a pretty solid alumni and name in general for you to easily get a foot in at most employers.

Even for super prestigious creme de la creme careers like investment banking and corporate law, notts has a pretty high number of ppl getting in considering its not a top 5. Clearly there's something about it that attracts ppl

ReputationRep:
    I will say there is a constant stream of career fairs etc occuring, obviously too early for me really take part in but it does give you some motivation. Also i feel like the lecturers are very relaxed, they expect us to work but we I havent come across a single classic snobby professor yet, im def glad i came/was allowed to come here!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    solid russell group university. Unless you apply for very specific jobs in Investment Banking, recruitment managers will be impressed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.