Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to lose 40 KG in 6 Months? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    Cut down carbs, increase your protein intake, and exercise 3-4 times a week, i started at 70kg and by after 2 and half months I was down to 63kg- slow and steadily losing the weight, it works differently with everyone, but it works!!

Just stick to your calorie goal for a day and exercise, don’t make any drastic changes as it’s hard to stick to it whenever you try and maintain!
    Not that this is bad advice, one wants to lose fat, not weight (i.e. muscle also) but extrapolate your example: 7kg in 2 months is 21 in 6 months. Half of what OP was asking about.

So at OP, what this poster suggested, is a much more attainable goal, as well as being sustainable afterwards.

(Original post by Miss.Unknow)
    That's great advice thanks! I currently eat 1600 calories a day but without exercise..maybe that's my problem?..Im not happy with the way i look so im trying to change drastically before uni..I weigh 80 Kg and I'm 175 cm.
    Ok, read the above. Losing 20kg rather than 40kg in 6 months is much more achievable, not to mention that at 60kg, you really, really won't be fat. For a heigh of 175cm, I would even say 60kg is already rather low.

ReputationRep:
    I only consume 1600 calories daily but with no exercise. I think im very overweight at 80kg and 175 cm and should be in the 40s/50s..but now that everyone is saying that it's too much maybe i will go off it and just stick to losing 20kg.
    DW im defo not fasting without food and only on water for a month! That's crazy
    Well i'm planning on vising the dietitian soon :P SO that's sorted and thanks for your advice.
    I don't want to be rude, but maybe talk to someone about this. People who have serious eating disorders think they should be 40kg or 50kg. At 175cm, 40kg would be seriously underweight even 50kg would already be quite underweight. As I said above, 60kg is already quite low for that height (at 175cm 60kg is 19.3 BMI and 50kg is 16.3, they say underweight starts at 18.5, and lower. Of course BMI is flawed, but as a guideline it works well).

ReputationRep:
    You're perfect the way you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Don't think you can lose 40kg. You're not fat enough lol. You'l go into skeleton mode :laugh:

20-30 kg is more realistic.
    lool haha is that a compliment?
    And yeah i've decided to go for 60 Kg at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insecable)
    You're perfect the way you are
    :p: xx

ReputationRep:
    If i lost 40KG i'd be 3KG lololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Not that this is bad advice, one wants to lose fat, not weight (i.e. muscle also) but extrapolate your example: 7kg in 2 months is 21 in 6 months. Half of what OP was asking about.

So at OP, what this poster suggested, is a much more attainable goal, as well as being sustainable afterwards.

Ok, read the above. Losing 20kg rather than 40kg in 6 months is much more achievable, not to mention that at 60kg, you really, really won't be fat. For a heigh of 175cm, I would even say 60kg is already rather low.
    (Original post by yudothis)
    I don't want to be rude, but maybe talk to someone about this. People who have serious eating disorders think they should be 40kg or 50kg. At 175cm, 40kg would be seriously underweight even 50kg would already be quite underweight. As I said above, 60kg is already quite low for that height (at 175cm 60kg is 19.3 BMI and 50kg is 16.3, they say underweight starts at 18.5, and lower. Of course BMI is flawed, but as a guideline it works well).
    You don't sound rude at all, thanks for your concerns though, i think i'll be quite satisfied with being at 60 kg! I started portioning my meals and going for morning walks everyday Your advice really helped and i will stick to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do you want to lose weight? I mean, is it because you want to look good for someone? Don’t care about them, believe in yourself. You r perfect the way you are. But if you feel unhealthy then u can choose to lose weight because it’s for the better.
    Awh you're so sweet. Thank you for your concern I want to lose it for myself because i dont like the way i look personally :/

ReputationRep:
    lool haha is that a compliment?
    And yeah i've decided to go for 60 Kg at least
    More like statement of fact but you can take it as a compliment lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.