Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best mate likes drugs and I don't - HELP advice!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    the simplest way is just to say no to drugs. it may be boring and "square" but it works.

(Original post by djballer)
    Hmm i have to disagree with you on this, this statement sounds like something straight out of a government endorsed phseec lesson. hard drugs like heroin or meth and coke at a push may lead to something like this due to there highly addicting qualities but the odd pinger, 10 bag, ket and acid things like that really arent addictive and just offer something different to alcohol, something which ruins far more lives than the 4 drugs i just mentioned, support your mate and tell him drugs all the time will take there tole, ensure he reads talk to frank help pages and if he is taking pingers (ecstasy) that he goes on pills report and only ever take one that has been documented on there. you dont want to lose a friend over something most if not all teenagers do just support him. but never feel pressured to do them yourself
    She has weed, ecstasy, acid, and a few more but I cannot remember what she said they were.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Thank you all for replying, this is a big help to me. I just didn't know what to do. My friend has a few other friends who smoke the same thing with them, but she's at that point where she just really loves the idea of them, and taking them in general. She hasn't actually told me how many times a week on average she takes drugs, but she won't allow me to give her any help, but instead chooses to be very blunt with me. She doesn't understand that I'm worried about her health, she just thinks that I am just 100% always going to be drugs. Personally I will never take them. But because of that she is choosing to act differently around me now, replying with short sentences when in a conversation and saying anything she can to the very minimum.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you all for replying, this is a big help to me. I just didn't know what to do. My friend has a few other friends who smoke the same thing with them, but she's at that point where she just really loves the idea of them, and taking them in general. She hasn't actually told me how many times a week on average she takes drugs, but she won't allow me to give her any help, but instead chooses to be very blunt with me. She doesn't understand that I'm worried about her health, she just thinks that I am just 100% always going to be drugs. Personally I will never take them. But because of that she is choosing to act differently around me now, replying with short sentences when in a conversation and saying anything she can to the very minimum.
    She has a right to be angry with you, contrary to what people are saying cannabis is not a dangerous drug and if she can be responsible with other drugs she will be ffine - people drink alcohol in excess and don't get this kind of response. If she doesn't feel she needs help there is nothing you can do but be a good friend, and that means not discussing this topic whilst being there for her.

ReputationRep:

Leave your friend to it.

You can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves.

If it was me I'd ring the police on her everytime she took them. Maybe the cops kicking the door in will be enough to scare her out of taking them again.

Who wants the police at the door every two minutes. A bit of tough love could be what she needs.

You could potentially save her life. After all, it only takes one pill to kill someone.

You sound like a good friend. But sometimes, some people just can't be helped unless they want to be.

I would keep my distance if it was me.

(Original post by princess kimber)
    It doesn't matter and is irrelevant which are more addictive. They are dangerous. Drugs can literally kill you after one dose. Alcohol takes much longer.
    mate, go on erowid and check out all the drugs. ecstasy, lsd, dmt, shrooms, gas, mescaline, and weed can't kill you. again, i suggest Erowid. the other stuff like coke, heroin, speed, obviously can and i personally wouldn't take them. most of the powder/pill drugs (and lsd which can be Nbomes) are laced and if you're unlucky they'll be heavily laced and those can really **** you up, but most of the time, you're fine.

there's nothing wrong with people who take drugs, unless they're hurting other people. it's their life, their body, and your judgement doesn't make them a worse or better person. if they're taking loads of drugs, and they have a substance abuse problem, then yeah, it's an issue that you should be supportive about getting them help. if you shun them, they'll want you to **** off. but most people who take drugs don't have a problem. just view it as an alternative to alcohol, people who take em do anyway.

if your mate gets the feeling that you're being ****** about something she obviously enjoys, then it makes sense she is pissed at you and is reluctant to being as close or whatever. oh yeah, and contrary to what the person before said, don't call the police on her. if she ****s up her own life from drugs, that's on her. if she wasn't, she was a responsible user, you calling the police on her has ****ed up her life. you'd have done that to her. don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    mate, go on erowid and check out all the drugs. ecstasy, LSD, dmt, shrooms, gas, mescaline, and weed can't kill you. again, i suggest Erowid. the other stuff like coke, heroin, speed, obviously can and i personally wouldn't take them. most of the powder/pill drugs (and lsd which can be Nbomes) are laced and if you're unlucky they'll be heavily laced and those can really **** you up, but most of the time, you're fine.

there's nothing wrong with people who take drugs, unless they're hurting other people. it's their life, their body, and your judgement doesn't make them a worse or better person. if they're taking loads of drugs, and they have a substance abuse problem, then yeah, it's an issue that you should be supportive about getting them help. if you shun them, they'll want you to **** off. but most people who take drugs don't have a problem. just view it as an alternative to alcohol, people who take em do anyway.

if your mate gets the feeling that you're being ****** about something she obviously enjoys, then it makes sense she is pissed at you and is reluctant to being as close or whatever. oh yeah, and contrary to what the person before said, don't call the police on her. if she ****s up her own life from drugs, that's on her. if she wasn't, she was a responsible user, you calling the police on her has ****ed up her life. you'd have done that to her. don't do it.

I don't need to check anything out. These drugs are banned for a reason, they are dangerous and can kill or can make a person do things they wouldn't normally do and ultimately lead to their death or to another persons death. They could also put themselves in vulnerable situations that would be difficult to get out of, think of rape/assaults. Then there is the fact that some of these drugs can contain all sorts of stuff, making them even more unsafe. Think of a situation where somebody is high/hallucinating or whatever and get's into a car and starts to drive and is careless because their motor skills/reactions are delayed and knocks somebody down. Drugs like LSD could do this as it causes hallucinations and alters a person awareness... which is not safe for obvious reasons. Some of these drugs can cause paranoia and attack the nervous system and cause heart attacks. Why would anybody want to take that risk? I personally think your post should be removed as you are basically glorifying drugs which is not right.

The person who started the thread could only help this friend if she wants help. She needs to WANT him to help her otherwise he'd just be wasting his own time and will get himself hurt in the process every time she puts herself in a dangerous position and he can do bugger all to stop it. At least, walking away until she says 'I need help." may make her realise that people around her will not tolerate this and may be the wake up call she needs. If she's losing all her friends it may make her chose them instead of the drugs.

Then the there is the personal effects of taking drugs, who would employ a drug user as it often can be obvious they are taking them. A person taking drugs could also risk losing the job they already have. I've never heard of a person taking drugs on a regular basis who hasn't fcked up there life. It may not happen straight away but it will eventually.

Ringing the police is not a bad idea. I know somebody who did this when their son get getting in trouble and stealing cars. The dad did it to help his son as nothing else worked, talking to him didn't help, reasoning with him didn't help. Even the death of his best mate in a stolen car didn't help. And to make it worse my friends brother was also taking drugs at the time, LSD being one of them.
    He cleaned up his act. As he said it was exactly what he needed, tough love! It made him think of the dangers he was putting himself and others in. How they would feel if he died. He's not used them since. This was several years ago now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.