Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 and never been kissed lol i know Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so im a 17yr old girl in an all girls school and ive like actually never been kissed its embarrsing. Like not to sound meanbut im not a 'loser' like i have a tight group of friends and then im like really friendly with everyone in my year so im not someone who is like shy or whatever (im also not the prettiest but im not exactly ugly lmao(love yourself) ) Ok but yeah all my friends are off making out and more and have boyfriends and its awkward cause they all know that i havent kissed anyone and they never say anything. Like whenever theyre talking boys they always avoid eye contact with me and never include me. Tbh theyre kinda mean about it but like theyre right its pathetic im 17 and no boy has ever even looked at me. I know everyone is going to say oh it will happen when it happens but like it wont it never will and its really disheartening. Idk its always playing on mind i just want to know what others think, thanks

ReputationRep:
    You're 17, not 70. Chill there's plenty of time

Tbh it shouldnt be that embarrassing as you are only 17, give it time tbh

ReputationRep:
      Is it really though?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lauren974)
      Ok so im a 17yr old girl in an all girls school and ive like actually never been kissed its embarrsing. Like not to sound meanbut im not a 'loser' like i have a tight group of friends and then im like really friendly with everyone in my year so im not someone who is like shy or whatever (im also not the prettiest but im not exactly ugly lmao(love yourself) ) Ok but yeah all my friends are off making out and more and have boyfriends and its awkward cause they all know that i havent kissed anyone and they never say anything. Like whenever theyre talking boys they always avoid eye contact with me and never include me. Tbh theyre kinda mean about it but like theyre right its pathetic im 17 and no boy has ever even looked at me. I know everyone is going to say oh it will happen when it happens but like it wont it never will and its really disheartening. Idk its always playing on mind i just want to know what others think, thanks
      Honestly there is no rush... you're 17! Enjoy your teens don't worry about it

Think nothing of it, boys aren't important I'm 17 & a boy this isn't where your head should be at. Focus on yourself and boys will come running later, as of now you don't need anyone

ReputationRep:
        I was in the same boat till a few months ago, you'll forget about all that pressure once it's happened anyway, really nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
        Yeah, it's no biggie, I know many in the same boat and they don't care
        Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
        • Very Important Poster
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        No, it's not embarrassing. Lots of people don't really get their first kisses until much later anyway.

ReputationRep:
        It’s not that deep.

ReputationRep:
        I fail to understand the rush, your just 17 girl, 17... you got it all ahead of you, just relax

Focus on your course work, it really isn't important now. I think the fact you have a few "friends" distracted, messing about with boys is making you feel like your missing out. But In truth you are not, you really don't need the inconvenience of relationships at 17 trust me.

Anyhow, most boys at that age are pigs just after one thing and I should know

If you get to 25 and still not been kissed, if your that bothered, one night on tinder will cure you! In the meantime, don't give it a second thought!

ReputationRep:
        Hardly a big thing. There's millions of people in the same boat, just because most of those in your close proximity have it doesn't mean everyone outside of that proximity has.

ReputationRep:
        there are probably hundreds of millions of people that didn't have their first kiss until they were like 30.
        lol
        worry about more important things.

ReputationRep:
        idiot 17 is nothing

ReputationRep:
        it will happen when it happens but like it wont it never will and its really disheartening.
        I can sympathise with that sentiment a little bit but at it's base level it is totally irrational, you can't predict events like that at all accurately. I had my first kiss at age 19, not having much going on aged 17 is not indicative of the rest of your life. Your personal circumstances constantly change, it's mad to assume nobody will turn up.

ReputationRep:
        I'd be willing to bet a large proportion of 17 year olds, maybe even a majority, haven't had a proper "first kiss" yet. Don't worry about it
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        You're 17, relax you have plenty of time!

There's literally tons and tons of people in the same boat as you.

Be your best version, hit the gym, drink 8 glasses of water daily, eat 5 portions of fruit and veg. Wear nice, well fitting clothes, groom well, be confident in yourself.

As you get older you could join various online dating websites, do speed dating, join clubs out interest, find people through education, through your network, go out etc.

ReputationRep:
        Drink plenty of water everyday

ReputationRep:
        time is running out. also shame on u

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.