Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright, rather than the standard - compare the unis, I want to know which university I would be most likely get into?

My gcse's are 1 A 7 B's 2 C's (Not great I know)

I'm retaking a year in college and I have called the admissions at Warwick (and other unis including LSE but not applying at LSE) and some say it's fine but some say I would be at a disadvantage, however it is possible.

My predicted grades are A* Maths A* Biology A Chemistry.

I reckon my personal statement is strong, and I have had people read it and give me useful advice.

(Also is the interview at UCL hard? The oxbridge interviews seem ridiculously hard)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveySpecter99)
    Alright, rather than the standard - compare the unis, I want to know which university I would be most likely get into?

My gcse's are 1 A 7 B's 2 C's (Not great I know)

I'm retaking a year in college and I have called the admissions at Warwick (and other unis including LSE but not applying at LSE) and some say it's fine but some say I would be at a disadvantage, however it is possible.

My predicted grades are A* Maths A* Biology A Chemistry.

I reckon my personal statement is strong, and I have had people read it and give me useful advice.

(Also is the interview at UCL hard? The oxbridge interviews seem ridiculously hard)
    Last yr, you can look at the warwick applicants 2017 thread for econ and many people with even 5A*s at gcse were rejected even with 2A*A prediction. UCL on the other hand have been known to be more lenient when it comes to GCSEs in general.

Make of that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offsetWHOOP)
    Last yr, you can look at the warwick applicants 2017 thread for econ and many people with even 5A*s at gcse were rejected even with 2A*A prediction. UCL on the other hand have been known to be more lenient when it comes to GCSEs in general.

Make of that what you will.
    Hmm thanks, I'll just research UCL more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.