Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently near finishing my term abroad in America so can't ring student finance directly atm but when I applied for this years finance I stated for term 2 and 3 that I would be living elsewhere, meaning student accommodation. However, this is now changed as I won't be able to afford to move into accommodation upon my return so will now be living with parents instead. As I understand it I need to fill out the CO1 form sections 2 and the living bit on section 4 then send this off but with the 6 week processing time I am worried that it won't be processed before my second payment is already paid as I can't send it until I am back in the UK. What would happen in this circumstance, would I be required to pay back money or would it only be my term 3 payment that is affected? I am just very anxious about what would and also the extent to which my loan would decrease.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaby_)
    I'm currently near finishing my term abroad in America so can't ring student finance directly atm but when I applied for this years finance I stated for term 2 and 3 that I would be living elsewhere, meaning student accommodation. However, this is now changed as I won't be able to afford to move into accommodation upon my return so will now be living with parents instead. As I understand it I need to fill out the CO1 form sections 2 and the living bit on section 4 then send this off but with the 6 week processing time I am worried that it won't be processed before my second payment is already paid as I can't send it until I am back in the UK. What would happen in this circumstance, would I be required to pay back money or would it only be my term 3 payment that is affected? I am just very anxious about what would and also the extent to which my loan would decrease.
    Hi Gaby,

Have you tried to update this information on your online account? If it is not updated before your next payment we will adjust your final payment and remove off any amount you should not have received in January.

Thanks Erin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin SFE)
    Hi Gaby,

Have you tried to update this information on your online account? If it is not updated before your next payment we will adjust your final payment and remove off any amount you should not have received in January.

Thanks Erin.
    yes I have and it says I need to send the CO1 form as my course has already started so I am unable to change my living place whilst studying online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaby_)
    yes I have and it says I need to send the CO1 form as my course has already started so I am unable to change my living place whilst studying online
    Hi Gaby_,

Just checking you managed to print and send the CO1 form.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun D SFE)
    Hi Gaby_,

Just checking you managed to print and send the CO1 form.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
    no as I said in my first message I am still abroad and asked the question due to me not being able to send the form until I return which left less than 6 weeks before me second payment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaby_)
    no as I said in my first message I am still abroad and asked the question due to me not being able to send the form until I return which left less than 6 weeks before me second payment

Hi gaby_,

As Erin advised if you cannot make changes online, the system will prompt you to print and send a CO1.

If you do this and post it from America, it may not be processed in time for your second payment, that's okay, we will adjust your final instalment instead.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.