Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

In order for us to help, can you please give details of your questions with regards to your tuition fees and how we can help?

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi

In order for us to help, can you please give details of your questions with regards to your tuition fees and how we can help?

Thanks

Louise
    Hi,
    basically the email I got just confused me cause im already halfway though the term i need to resit and now they are telling me that tuition fee loan is something im not getting.

Your student finance in academic year 2017/18

You've told us that you're repeating your second year in 2017/18. As you have 1 year of study on a previous course in addition to this repeat year you can't get full funding for this academic year.

What this means for you
    You won't get a Tuition Fee Loan or Maintenance Grant this academic year.

You'll still be able to get a Maintenance Loan. If you're eligible you'll also be able to get Disabled Students' Allowances and any dependants grants.

If you make any changes to your course it could affect your funding.

Considering this is my 4th year, I should be fine still right? Im fairly postive that Ive been told before that its your course length +1 year (so in this case 4).

Is it just this year since its only 1 term since the fee is only roughly 3k max and ill get the tuition fee loan for my final year when its 9k? or am i gonna have to pay for this year and next year?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Hammerton)
    Hi,
    basically the email I got just confused me cause im already halfway though the term i need to resit and now they are telling me that tuition fee loan is something im not getting.

Your student finance in academic year 2017/18

You've told us that you're repeating your second year in 2017/18. As you have 1 year of study on a previous course in addition to this repeat year you can't get full funding for this academic year.

What this means for you
    You won't get a Tuition Fee Loan or Maintenance Grant this academic year.

You'll still be able to get a Maintenance Loan. If you're eligible you'll also be able to get Disabled Students' Allowances and any dependants grants.

If you make any changes to your course it could affect your funding.

Considering this is my 4th year, I should be fine still right? Im fairly postive that Ive been told before that its your course length +1 year (so in this case 4).

Is it just this year since its only 1 term since the fee is only roughly 3k max and ill get the tuition fee loan for my final year when its 9k? or am i gonna have to pay for this year and next year?
    Hi J hammerton,

You would be funded for the length of your current course +1 year, minus any previous study. So if you were funded for 2 years of this current course and the email also states that you were funded for 1 year of a previous course ,then you have 3 years previous study in total , is this correct?
    The calculation would be 3+1=4-3=1 year full funding left , you would received Full support on your Final year.
    Thanks

Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.