Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone any advice for the PGCE interviews at Liverpool John Moores and/or Edge Hill? I have one at LJMU next Monday and then Edge Hill on Tuesday.
    Not much information provided on what is involved in the group presentation, especially for LJMU so if anyone has had any prior experience and could give me some guidance it would be greatly appreciated!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Filancaster, hope you're well!

I asked a member of our PGCE team for some interview tips and here's what they've suggested:

-Think about why you want to teach pupils in the chosen age range.
    -Talk about time you've spent observing in a relevant school.
    -Familiarise yourself with current educational issues. Our PGCE team recommends reading BBC Education News, TES, and the education sections of The Guardian and The Independent. If you're able to reference these in your interview, it will reflect well on you.
    -Familiarise yourself with the contents of the national curriculum.

Our PGCE team can offer further advice about the interview day, including group sessions, based on what specific PGCE you're interested in, so let me know if you still need this.

Alex

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.