The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

LJMU and Edge Hill PGCE interviews

Has anyone any advice for the PGCE interviews at Liverpool John Moores and/or Edge Hill? I have one at LJMU next Monday and then Edge Hill on Tuesday.
Not much information provided on what is involved in the group presentation, especially for LJMU so if anyone has had any prior experience and could give me some guidance it would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Filancaster, hope you're well!

I asked a member of our PGCE team for some interview tips and here's what they've suggested:

-Think about why you want to teach pupils in the chosen age range.
-Talk about time you've spent observing in a relevant school.
-Familiarise yourself with current educational issues. Our PGCE team recommends reading BBC Education News, TES, and the education sections of The Guardian and The Independent. If you're able to reference these in your interview, it will reflect well on you.
-Familiarise yourself with the contents of the national curriculum.

Our PGCE team can offer further advice about the interview day, including group sessions, based on what specific PGCE you're interested in, so let me know if you still need this.

Alex
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Hi....How did you get on..I have mine in two weeks at Liverpool John MooresX
Hi,
How did the interviews go? I have inteviews for John Moores and Edge Hill next week so any tips will be apprieciated!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending