Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am planning to study 3 A Levels over the next two years whilst I am working under contract in Malaysia. I've looked into various online distance learning institutions such as The Open Study College and ICS Learn but I'm having difficulty finding institutions that offer the A Levels under the Edexcel exam board.
    I'm unable to come back to London to complete my exams and I've spoken to the British council in Malaysia (and all surrounding countries) and I've been told by every single country that their exam centres only offer Edexcel exams. All of the online learning institutions I've checked offer AQA, or only 1 A Level in Edexcel and the rest in AQA.

It's so frustrating! Can anyone recommend somewhere that offers Edexcel A Levels that are reputable? Or any other way I can study from Malaysia? I can't attend a university because I work full time and have a family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Rebecca787)
    Hi all,

I am planning to study 3 A Levels over the next two years whilst I am working under contract in Malaysia. I've looked into various online distance learning institutions such as The Open Study College and ICS Learn but I'm having difficulty finding institutions that offer the A Levels under the Edexcel exam board.
    I'm unable to come back to London to complete my exams and I've spoken to the British council in Malaysia (and all surrounding countries) and I've been told by every single country that their exam centres only offer Edexcel exams. All of the online learning institutions I've checked offer AQA, or only 1 A Level in Edexcel and the rest in AQA.

It's so frustrating! Can anyone recommend somewhere that offers Edexcel A Levels that are reputable? Or any other way I can study from Malaysia? I can't attend a university because I work full time and have a family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you
    Do International A levels.

Edexcel

Malaysia Kuala Lumpur HELP Academy Sdn Bhd +60 (0)3-20958794 Malaysia Kuala Lumpur The British Council Kuala Lumpur +60 (0)3 2723 7900 Malaysia Mantin, Negeri Sembilan Kolej Tuanku Ja'afar +606 758 2561 Malaysia Penang British Council Penang +60 (0)3 2723 7900 Malaysia Petaling Jaya Despark College 603 7955 5585 Malaysia SHAH ALAM UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI MARA 603 5522 7000

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...ed-levels.html

Cambridge
    http://www.cambridgeinternational.or...-and-a-levels/
    http://www.cambridgeinternational.or...bridge-school/

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply. How do these work? Are they recognised everywhere? Are they completed online?

ReputationRep:
    You can take AQA exam board exam they actually have education that offer aqa exam to private candidates

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, but the exams for private candidates are offered only to those in the UK right? I can fly home but would obviously rather stay in Asia to to the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I’m actually going to study a levels online too just like u but currently I’m doing a diploma in aus. I want to open keep my options wide for uni that’s why but I’m just undecided to choose which exam board AQA or CIE? I have been researching about this and you can actually contact STARVISTA EDUCATION near Kajang they actually offer as an examination centre for those taking online classes. I’ve come across some private school too but unfortunately they’re not taking private candidates

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.