shyanncw3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm struggling where to start!! I need to write my final reflective account and i don't know what to write! can anyone help
abs96
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shyanncw3)
I'm struggling where to start!! I need to write my final reflective account and i don't know what to write! can anyone help
Hello, what is the unit title please and the questions that you're stuggling with?
shyanncw3
Rep:
?
i am just unsure where to start the criteria for the unit is as follows:

nderstand the principles of effective team working
1.1 -Outline the benefits of effective team working
1.2 -Describe how to give feedback constructively
1.3 -Explain conflict management techniques that may be used to resolve team conflicts
1.4 -Explain the importance of giving team members the opportunity to discuss work progress and any issues arising
1.5 -Explain the importance of warning colleagues of problems and changes that may affect themBe able to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
2.1 -Recognise the contribution of colleagues to the achievement of team objectives
2.2 -Treat colleagues with respect, fairness and courtesy
2.3 -Fulfil agreements made with colleagues
2.4 -Provide support and constructive feedback to colleagues
Be able to collaborate with colleagues to resolve problems
3.1 -Take others' viewpoints into account when making decisions
3.2 -Take ownership of problems within own level of authority
3.3 -Take action to minimise disruption to business activities within their own level of authority
3.4 -Resolve problems within their own level of authority and agreed contribution
abs96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i am just unsure where to start the criteria for the unit is as follows:

nderstand the principles of effective team working
1.1 -Outline the benefits of effective team working
1.2 -Describe how to give feedback constructively
1.3 -Explain conflict management techniques that may be used to resolve team conflicts
1.4 -Explain the importance of giving team members the opportunity to discuss work progress and any issues arising
1.5 -Explain the importance of warning colleagues of problems and changes that may affect themBe able to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
2.1 -Recognise the contribution of colleagues to the achievement of team objectives
2.2 -Treat colleagues with respect, fairness and courtesy
2.3 -Fulfil agreements made with colleagues
2.4 -Provide support and constructive feedback to colleagues
Be able to collaborate with colleagues to resolve problems
3.1 -Take others' viewpoints into account when making decisions
3.2 -Take ownership of problems within own level of authority
3.3 -Take action to minimise disruption to business activities within their own level of authority
3.4 -Resolve problems within their own level of authority and agreed contribution
Hi, thanks. See if the below helps

AC1.1: Outline the benefits of effective team working
Benefits to the organisation: e.g. meet objectives, make use of
strengths, good internal communications, increased efficiency, less
duplication of work, less risk by sharing work, more flexible workforce

Benefits to team members: e.g. stretch talents, increase motivation,
increase job satisfaction, opportunities for creativity, feeling of
belonging
AC1.2: Describe how to give feedback constructively
Constructively giving feedback: builds relationships; reinforces good
behaviour; improves undesirable behaviour
How to give feedback: have a clear purpose for feedback; use
appropriate timing (routine, non-routine); feedback in private; give
specific examples; focus on behaviour rather than the person; ensure
feedback is practical; give clear actions; check understanding; balance
positive and negative feedback; offer support
AC1.3: Explain conflict management techniques that may be used to
resolve team conflicts
Sources of team conflict:
o Interpersonal: conflict between two or more team members due to
personality, values, behaviour or attitude
o Task-based: the goals or expectations are unclear or unrealistic
Techniques: e.g. joint problem solving, active listening, tough on
problem not the people, review own leadership, use conflict
management process
o Listen to both sides
o Analyse events, identify causes
o Identify solutions
o Implement solutions
o Review

AC1.4: Explain the importance of giving team members the opportunity

to discuss work progress and any issues arisingImportance of discussing work progress: keep to work schedules; take
corrective action; maintain responsibilities (individual, team); build
unity; motivate; value contributions; build loyalty; develop skills
Importance of discussing issues arising: avoid misunderstandings;
agree actions needed; build consensus; develop skills; early
intervention

AC1.5: Explain the importance of warning colleagues of problems and
changes that may affect them
Anticipate work problems and changes
Prepare appropriate responses and actions
Build trustEnable preparationEnsure accurate communicationAvoid misinformationConfirm understandingExplain need for changesEnable concerns to be exploredEnable support to be given

Unit assessment guidance

This guidance supports assessors in making decisions about how best to assess
each unit and the evidence needed to meet the requirements. Centres can adapt
the guidance as appropriate for learners and the particular assessment context.
Learning outcome 1 is knowledge based, suitable types of evidence include
professional discussion, oral question and answer sessions, and a learner diary or
reflective account. Assessment of the knowledge assessment criteria for this
learning outcome could be built around the assessment of the practical activities
required for learning outcomes 2 and 3. For example when AC2.4 ‘Provide support
and constructive feedback to colleagues’ is being assessed through use of work
products or observation then oral questions could be asked to fulfil the
requirements of AC1.2 ‘Describe how to give feedback constructively’.
Attention must be given to the verbs used in the assessment criteria, for example
in AC1.2 requires a description rather than a list of points. It is not necessary for
learners to include all the points listed in the amplification but it is necessary for the
learner to ‘describe how’ rather than just produce a list of points. Similarly, AC1.3,
AC1.4 and AC1.5 require explanations, so there is a need for greater depth of
information with reasoning.
Learning outcomes 2 and 3 require the learner to collaborate in the workplace,
suitable evidence of achievement would be direct observation records from the
assessor attending, for example team meetings, work products such as records of
meetings or email communications and witness testimonies from the line manager
and team members.
AC2.4, AC3.1, AC3.2, AC3.3 and AC3.4 are likely to be difficult to assess through
direct observation because the presence of the assessor may not be acceptable for
confidentiality reasons. Problems are likely to be resolved as they occur, so
reflective accounts supported by work products such as meeting minutes or witness
testimony from the line manager could be used. AC3.1 requires more than one
decision to be taken and AC3.2 and AC3.4 require more than one problem to be
addressed so it is likely that assessment of this unit will take place over a period of
time to allow for problems to arise.
Evidence of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can also be used within the unit to
confirm competence. Wherever possible, the learning outcomes in this unit should
be assessed holistically across the qualification.
shyanncw3
Rep:
?
wow that's amazing!!! thank you so much, this will be a great help
abs96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
wow that's amazing!!! thank you so much, this will be a great help
That's great to hear! Please let me know if I can help further, if not best of luck with your course Abbie
ches98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I am struggling on Unit 240 outcome 3.4- Resolve Problems within their own level of authority and agreed contribution.I need to provide evidence of this where I have resolved 2 or more problems relating to working relationships with colleagues?I have no idea what evidence I would use, what are some examples of resolving problems relating to working relationships with colleagues
abs96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ches98)
Hi! I am struggling on Unit 240 outcome 3.4- Resolve Problems within their own level of authority and agreed contribution.I need to provide evidence of this where I have resolved 2 or more problems relating to working relationships with colleagues?I have no idea what evidence I would use, what are some examples of resolving problems relating to working relationships with colleagues
Hello,
Learning outcomes 2 and 3 require the learner to collaborate in the workplace, suitable evidence of achievement would be direct observation records from the assessor attending, for example team meetings, work products such as records of meetings or email communications and witness testimonies from the line manager and team members.
AC2.4, AC3.1, AC3.2, AC3.3 and AC3.4 are likely to be difficult to assess through direct observation because the presence of the assessor may not be acceptable for confidentiality reasons. Problems are likely to be resolved as they occur, so reflective accounts supported by work products such as meeting minutes or witness testimony from the line manager could be used. AC3.1 requires more than one decision to be taken and AC3.2 and AC3.4 require more than one problem to be addressed so it is likely that assessment of this unit will take place over a period of time to allow for problems to arise.

3.4 is just about solving problems at your level of authority. So for example, this could be you dealing with a customer and sorting the situation without it needed to go through your manager or if it got out of hand you could pass this over to your manager as you know this is out of your authority level. Alternatively, this could be you making a decision such as changing a font in the company newsletter. Something like that. If you don't have actual examples try writing what you would do it certain situations.

Hope this helps a little, best of luck.
ches98
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abs96)
Hello,
[/font]
[/font][/font]

3.4 is just about solving problems at your level of authority. So for example, this could be you dealing with a customer and sorting the situation without it needed to go through your manager or if it got out of hand you could pass this over to your manager as you know this is out of your authority level. Alternatively, this could be you making a decision such as changing a font in the company newsletter. Something like that. If you don't have actual examples try writing what you would do it certain situations.

Hope this helps a little, best of luck.
Thank you so much!!
sarahmkev
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am doing similar or same course as you. Try typing the questions into google plenty of different sites come up and 7/10 they are really helpful. You can also get books from library to help and use their work book to. Make sure u never copy text from anywhere, re word it
ctilley91
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HI I am stuck on the same unit .

2.3 -Fulfil agreements made with colleagues ? I am unsure of what this actually means
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.45%
Confident (18)
12.68%
Indifferent (26)
18.31%
Unsure (39)
27.46%
Worried (47)
33.1%

Watched Threads