Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling where to start!! I need to write my final reflective account and i don't know what to write! can anyone help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyanncw3)
    I'm struggling where to start!! I need to write my final reflective account and i don't know what to write! can anyone help
    Hello, what is the unit title please and the questions that you're stuggling with?

ReputationRep:
    i am just unsure where to start the criteria for the unit is as follows:

nderstand the principles of effective team working
    1.1 -Outline the benefits of effective team working
    1.2 -Describe how to give feedback constructively
    1.3 -Explain conflict management techniques that may be used to resolve team conflicts
    1.4 -Explain the importance of giving team members the opportunity to discuss work progress and any issues arising
    1.5 -Explain the importance of warning colleagues of problems and changes that may affect themBe able to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
    2.1 -Recognise the contribution of colleagues to the achievement of team objectives
    2.2 -Treat colleagues with respect, fairness and courtesy
    2.3 -Fulfil agreements made with colleagues
    2.4 -Provide support and constructive feedback to colleagues
    Be able to collaborate with colleagues to resolve problems
    3.1 -Take others' viewpoints into account when making decisions
    3.2 -Take ownership of problems within own level of authority
    3.3 -Take action to minimise disruption to business activities within their own level of authority
    3.4 -Resolve problems within their own level of authority and agreed contribution

ReputationRep:
    i am just unsure where to start the criteria for the unit is as follows:

nderstand the principles of effective team working
    1.1 -Outline the benefits of effective team working
    1.2 -Describe how to give feedback constructively
    1.3 -Explain conflict management techniques that may be used to resolve team conflicts
    1.4 -Explain the importance of giving team members the opportunity to discuss work progress and any issues arising
    1.5 -Explain the importance of warning colleagues of problems and changes that may affect themBe able to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
    2.1 -Recognise the contribution of colleagues to the achievement of team objectives
    2.2 -Treat colleagues with respect, fairness and courtesy
    2.3 -Fulfil agreements made with colleagues
    2.4 -Provide support and constructive feedback to colleagues
    Be able to collaborate with colleagues to resolve problems
    3.1 -Take others' viewpoints into account when making decisions
    3.2 -Take ownership of problems within own level of authority
    3.3 -Take action to minimise disruption to business activities within their own level of authority
    3.4 -Resolve problems within their own level of authority and agreed contribution
    Hi, thanks. See if the below helps

AC1.1: Outline the benefits of effective team working
    Benefits to the organisation: e.g. meet objectives, make use of
    strengths, good internal communications, increased efficiency, less
    duplication of work, less risk by sharing work, more flexible workforce

Benefits to team members: e.g. stretch talents, increase motivation,
    increase job satisfaction, opportunities for creativity, feeling of
    belonging
    AC1.2: Describe how to give feedback constructively
    Constructively giving feedback: builds relationships; reinforces good
    behaviour; improves undesirable behaviour
    How to give feedback: have a clear purpose for feedback; use
    appropriate timing (routine, non-routine); feedback in private; give
    specific examples; focus on behaviour rather than the person; ensure
    feedback is practical; give clear actions; check understanding; balance
    positive and negative feedback; offer support
    AC1.3: Explain conflict management techniques that may be used to
    resolve team conflicts
    Sources of team conflict:
    o Interpersonal: conflict between two or more team members due to
    personality, values, behaviour or attitude
    o Task-based: the goals or expectations are unclear or unrealistic
    Techniques: e.g. joint problem solving, active listening, tough on
    problem not the people, review own leadership, use conflict
    management process
    o Listen to both sides
    o Analyse events, identify causes
    o Identify solutions
    o Implement solutions
    o Review

AC1.4: Explain the importance of giving team members the opportunity

to discuss work progress and any issues arisingImportance of discussing work progress: keep to work schedules; take
    corrective action; maintain responsibilities (individual, team); build
    unity; motivate; value contributions; build loyalty; develop skills
    Importance of discussing issues arising: avoid misunderstandings;
    agree actions needed; build consensus; develop skills; early
    intervention

AC1.5: Explain the importance of warning colleagues of problems and
    changes that may affect them
    Anticipate work problems and changes
    Prepare appropriate responses and actions
    Build trustEnable preparationEnsure accurate communicationAvoid misinformationConfirm understandingExplain need for changesEnable concerns to be exploredEnable support to be given

Unit assessment guidance

This guidance supports assessors in making decisions about how best to assess
    each unit and the evidence needed to meet the requirements. Centres can adapt
    the guidance as appropriate for learners and the particular assessment context.
    Learning outcome 1 is knowledge based, suitable types of evidence include
    professional discussion, oral question and answer sessions, and a learner diary or
    reflective account. Assessment of the knowledge assessment criteria for this
    learning outcome could be built around the assessment of the practical activities
    required for learning outcomes 2 and 3. For example when AC2.4 ‘Provide support
    and constructive feedback to colleagues’ is being assessed through use of work
    products or observation then oral questions could be asked to fulfil the
    requirements of AC1.2 ‘Describe how to give feedback constructively’.
    Attention must be given to the verbs used in the assessment criteria, for example
    in AC1.2 requires a description rather than a list of points. It is not necessary for
    learners to include all the points listed in the amplification but it is necessary for the
    learner to ‘describe how’ rather than just produce a list of points. Similarly, AC1.3,
    AC1.4 and AC1.5 require explanations, so there is a need for greater depth of
    information with reasoning.
    Learning outcomes 2 and 3 require the learner to collaborate in the workplace,
    suitable evidence of achievement would be direct observation records from the
    assessor attending, for example team meetings, work products such as records of
    meetings or email communications and witness testimonies from the line manager
    and team members.
    AC2.4, AC3.1, AC3.2, AC3.3 and AC3.4 are likely to be difficult to assess through
    direct observation because the presence of the assessor may not be acceptable for
    confidentiality reasons. Problems are likely to be resolved as they occur, so
    reflective accounts supported by work products such as meeting minutes or witness
    testimony from the line manager could be used. AC3.1 requires more than one
    decision to be taken and AC3.2 and AC3.4 require more than one problem to be
    addressed so it is likely that assessment of this unit will take place over a period of
    time to allow for problems to arise.
    Evidence of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can also be used within the unit to
    confirm competence. Wherever possible, the learning outcomes in this unit should
    be assessed holistically across the qualification.

ReputationRep:
    wow that's amazing!!! thank you so much, this will be a great help

ReputationRep:
    wow that's amazing!!! thank you so much, this will be a great help
    That's great to hear! Please let me know if I can help further, if not best of luck with your course Abbie

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am struggling on Unit 240 outcome 3.4- Resolve Problems within their own level of authority and agreed contribution.I need to provide evidence of this where I have resolved 2 or more problems relating to working relationships with colleagues?I have no idea what evidence I would use, what are some examples of resolving problems relating to working relationships with colleagues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ches98)
    Hi! I am struggling on Unit 240 outcome 3.4- Resolve Problems within their own level of authority and agreed contribution.I need to provide evidence of this where I have resolved 2 or more problems relating to working relationships with colleagues?I have no idea what evidence I would use, what are some examples of resolving problems relating to working relationships with colleagues
    Hello,
    Learning outcomes 2 and 3 require the learner to collaborate in the workplace, suitable evidence of achievement would be direct observation records from the assessor attending, for example team meetings, work products such as records of meetings or email communications and witness testimonies from the line manager and team members.
    AC2.4, AC3.1, AC3.2, AC3.3 and AC3.4 are likely to be difficult to assess through direct observation because the presence of the assessor may not be acceptable for confidentiality reasons. Problems are likely to be resolved as they occur, so reflective accounts supported by work products such as meeting minutes or witness testimony from the line manager could be used. AC3.1 requires more than one decision to be taken and AC3.2 and AC3.4 require more than one problem to be addressed so it is likely that assessment of this unit will take place over a period of time to allow for problems to arise.

3.4 is just about solving problems at your level of authority. So for example, this could be you dealing with a customer and sorting the situation without it needed to go through your manager or if it got out of hand you could pass this over to your manager as you know this is out of your authority level. Alternatively, this could be you making a decision such as changing a font in the company newsletter. Something like that. If you don't have actual examples try writing what you would do it certain situations.

Hope this helps a little, best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abs96)
    Hello,
    [/font]
    [/font][/font]

3.4 is just about solving problems at your level of authority. So for example, this could be you dealing with a customer and sorting the situation without it needed to go through your manager or if it got out of hand you could pass this over to your manager as you know this is out of your authority level. Alternatively, this could be you making a decision such as changing a font in the company newsletter. Something like that. If you don't have actual examples try writing what you would do it certain situations.

Hope this helps a little, best of luck.
    Thank you so much!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.