Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    EPQ question:

How does the modern developing world, compare & contrast to other third-world countries?

I’m aiming to get into Leeds uni, for the international development course. Does the title sound good for my EPQ, btw I’m in year 12.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by GOI983)
    EPQ question:

How does the modern developing world, compare & contrast to other third-world countries?

I’m aiming to get into Leeds uni, for the international development course. Does the title sound good for my EPQ, btw I’m in year 12.
    Its doesent make any sense, so have another go.

How, compare and contrast questions show a lower level of challenge and analysis.

Its very wide in scope as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Its doesent make any sense, so have another go.

How, compare and contrast questions show a lower level of challenge and analysis.

Its very wide in scope as well.
    Can you give me an idea ?
    • Very Important Poster

Can you give me an idea ?
    Explain to me what the modern developing world is? is it a specific term? Why the need for developing?

Are you trying for a straight contract with the third world i.e modern world v third world?

Do some research i.e read a lot of news articles and pick a topic which is relevant to the degree you apply for plus really interests you and might interest admissions.

Read the epq spec.

Better titles tend to ask an interesting question that doesnt have an obvious answer, which you can then investigate, find evidence, analyse and explain your findings and views.

If you want to do something between modern and developing world then pick an issue or topic and show how one is an issue for the other, how they affect each other and what challenges it poses for both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Explain to me what the modern developing world is? is it a specific term? Why the need for developing?

Are you trying for a straight contract with the third world i.e modern world v third world?

Do some research i.e read a lot of news articles and pick a topic which is relevant to the degree you apply for plus really interests you and might interest admissions.

Read the epq spec.

Better titles tend to ask an interesting question that doesnt have an obvious answer, which you can then investigate, find evidence, analyse and explain your findings and views.

If you want to do something between modern and developing world then pick an issue or topic and show how one is an issue for the other, how they affect each other and what challenges it poses for both.
    Thank you for taking your time to give me some advice. Nevertheless, I think it would be good to do: Modern world v developing world, that way it’s more open to interpretation..
    • Very Important Poster

Thank you for taking your time to give me some advice. Nevertheless, I think it would be good to do: Modern world v developing world, that way it’s more open to interpretation..
    Nobody said you couldn't do that, just your title was poor and i gave you an indication of what they are looking for. Not quite sure what more open to interpretation means in this context and why you think its advantageous?

GL anyway. You can get an A/ A* irrespective of title.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.