Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Been nearly 2yrs and I still replay our breakup every day. How do I get over him Watch

I can't stop thinking about him still. Especially since he recently came back into my life again. I don't think it's too odd to still think about him, but it's pretty much every morning/afternoon and night. And I'll also replay the moment we broke up. At first I used to properly analyse it and it would really hurt me but now when I look back I think I handled it well (didn't cry or argue I remained calm).
    So why am I still obsessing over it and how can I stop. I've met other nice guys since but none that I want to be in a relationship with.
    He also says he wants me back but I'm trying to be strong and not go back there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can't stop thinking about him still. Especially since he recently came back into my life again. I don't think it's too odd to still think about him, but it's pretty much every morning/afternoon and night. And I'll also replay the moment we broke up. At first I used to properly analyse it and it would really hurt me but now when I look back I think I handled it well (didn't cry or argue I remained calm).
    So why am I still obsessing over it and how can I stop. I've met other nice guys since but none that I want to be in a relationship with.
    He also says he wants me back but I'm trying to be strong and not go back there.
    Possibly because he stills talks about wanting you back it plays on your mind. It takes time to fully get over a relationship, especially if it was a first relationship/long term relationship, because those ones are particularly special.

Maybe try to get involved with new hobbies that give you new goals to focus on and also help you to improve yourself along the way. I got involved with particular sports that really improved my mental health, it got me out of the house and actually participating in something I cared about.

Do you have any friends you can talk to who might be able to give you some support?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.