Ask a Democrat - The TSR Democrats Q&A Thread Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

TSR Democrats

Leader - Hazzer1998
    Deputy Leader - To be elected

Members of Parliament

The Rt Hon Hazzer1998 MP

This is the place to ask members of the TSR Democrats(Formerly the TSR Green Party) questions about the party, policy or the house in general.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I've got misgivings about this. I don't really see why the House needs yet another right-wing party.

ReputationRep:
    I see the hostile takeover of the Greens is complete. Based on the name I assume you are targeting left wing members?

What are your policies?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Kinky.

ReputationRep:
    I am pleased to announce my candidacy for deputy leader of the democrats, a new radical centrist alternative for the house (in spite of what ever fake news cranbrook_aspie has been peddling) this rebrand and change of direction was approved by the green membership in a vote, it is NOT a “hostile takeover”...

ReputationRep:
    Has the Speakership approved this? If so I'm disappointed. The Democrats are clearly not just a re-branded Green Party and should have to meet the new party requirements which they obviously don't. Rakas21
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    I am pleased to announce my candidacy for deputy leader of the democrats, a new radical centrist alternative for the house (in spite of what ever fake news cranbrook_aspie has been peddling) this rebrand and change of direction was approved by the green membership in a vote, it is NOT a “hostile takeover”...
    I don't think I'm the one peddling the fake news here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Has the Speakership approved this? If so I'm disappointed. The Democrats are clearly not just a re-branded Green Party and should have to meet the new party requirements which they obviously don't. Rakas21
    We are a rebranded Green Party and I can confirm Rakas approved this in the subforum. He can confirm that himself here.

Rakas21
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I would second this. If the Green party ceases to be, and if the members of that party want to create this new party then I have no issue with that, but this is too significant a change to be considered a rebranding of the existing Green party.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I see the hostile takeover of the Greens is complete. Based on the name I assume you are targeting left wing members?

What are your policies?
    We are centre, socially liberal party with polices that represent the best of the left and the right wing. A full manifesto will be released soon.

The Speaker has indeed approved this.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I don't think I'm the one peddling the fake news here...
    I'm Afraid to say you are. The membership back all proposals. as you are DS you can see that for yourself.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazzer1998)
    I'm Afraid to say you are. The membership back all proposals. as you are DS you can see that for yourself.
    I did not say that the membership did not back the proposals.

ReputationRep:
    The lib dems rebranded as liberals, don't see why it's not any different to what the greens are doing.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    We are centre, socially liberal party with polices that represent the best of the left and the right wing. A full manifesto will be released soon.
    What makes this new party different from the current centre socially liberal party we have?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    The lib dems rebranded as liberals, don't see why it's not any different to what the greens are doing.
    That is a much smaller change than taking a party that voters will associate with far left and environmental views and turning it into a centre ground party. The Liberals took one word out of their name and kept the political position they are associated with.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I did not say that the membership did not back the proposals.
    Then you would know that this is'nt a hostile takeover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    What makes this new party different from the current centre socially liberal party we have?
    The Liberals aren’t a real centrist party, they have some centrist members but the leader and most of the parliamentary party are Centre-left, Labour-lite, social democrats who were willing to jump into bed with communists to get a taste of government.

We would be a truly RADICAL centrist party that actually cares about moderate, centrist principles rather than going where the wind blows like the #FakeCentrists
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Then you would know that this is'nt a hostile takeover.
    There is currently no active membership of the Green Party, sorry, 'Democrats', that did not join as a result of the hostile takeover. The party was dead and should have been shut down.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    The Liberals aren’t a real centrist party, they have some centrist members but the leader and most of the parliamentary party are Centre-left, Labour-lite, social democrats who were willing to jump into bed with communists to get a taste of government.

We would be a truly RADICAL centrist party that actually cares about moderate, centrist principles rather than going where the wind blows like the #FakeCentrists
    That is unfair. We are currently in a coalition with parties that are radically different to our own views. That means that Liberal members sometimes find themselves defending policies that are to the left of their own views. Similarly, if we were in a coalition with the Tories and libers we would sound a lot more right-wing than may otherwise seem. Government is about collective responsibility. I wasn't involved in the last election but looking at the numbers it seems that our party had a choice between being outside of a far-left government or being inside a centre-left government with the power to help pull it to the right a bit. I think my party made the right choice.

Other than out-centering the current central party do you have any other differences to offer?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    There is currently no active membership of the Green Party, sorry, 'Democrats', that did not join as a result of the hostile takeover. The party was dead and should have been shut down.
    Personally, I blame the speakers who have put effort into keeping the Greens going. My old party should have been shut down as soon as it became apparent that it was no longer active rather than posts deliberately made in the forum to maintain it. This shows the dangers of allowing an old party to continue on.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    X
    Next time you are online can we get a statement on why this has been allowed?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.