Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Discuss whether Ryan has been negligent towards Josh and Al and if so, which types of damages they may be able to claim.
    Scenario :

Ryan invited his neighbors children to a birthday party in his basement studio one of his neighbors is AL who works as a traffic warden is a keen amateur cyclist. Ryan had just finished mopping the studio, and the basement steps were very slippery. As the children ran in, he shouted to them to be careful as the steps were slippery. Al's son josh aged five immediately slipped and suffered a broken arm. In trying to reach out to stop Josh from falling, Al lost his footing and also fell down the steps breaking his own ankle. He could not put pressure on his Ankle for 2 weeks.

So far I've stated that Ryan is at fault because he owed a duty of care to Josh because of his age and he's the one that invited Josh over to the party so essentially he was responsible over all the children that were at the party. Ryan is also responsible for Al as it was the lack of responsibility over Josh which caused Al to be impacted trying to prevent damage to Josh. However i need to include references to negligence and relevant cases but i cant think of any, i was wondering if anyone could come up with more reasons why Ryan is at fault relating to negligence and previous cases.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.