Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi... I have recently completed a Diploma in Health and Social Care practice for 2 yrs of which I received funding for from SFE. I want to query what further funding I am entitled to to decide whether I can go on to a social work degree and whether I would be entitled to the full 3yr of funding or just 1 as I have already received 2yrs support already?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nbishop84)
    Hi... I have recently completed a Diploma in Health and Social Care practice for 2 yrs of which I received funding for from SFE. I want to query what further funding I am entitled to to decide whether I can go on to a social work degree and whether I would be entitled to the full 3yr of funding or just 1 as I have already received 2yrs support already?
    Hi Nbishop84,

In order for me to determine your eligibility for further funding, can you confirm the level of qualification that you gained for your Social Care practice course?. Was the qualification HND? and would you be completing the full 3 years of the social work degree?

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi Nbishop84,

In order for me to determine your eligibility for further funding, can you confirm the level of qualification that you gained for your Social Care practice course?. Was the qualification HND? and would you be completing the full 3 years of the social work degree?

Thanks

Louise
    Hi Louise... it's a level 5 DipHE

Thanks
    Natalie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Louise... it's a level 5 DipHE

Thanks
    Natalie
    Hi Natalie,

Would you be doing the full 3 year degree? Or would your DipHE allow you to start in 2nd or 3rd year?

Thanks,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi Natalie,

Would you be doing the full 3 year degree? Or would your DipHE allow you to start in 2nd or 3rd year?

Thanks,

Stuart
    Hi Stuart,

I am exploring all options as advanced entry is down to the university, some will and some won't. Sadly the one that will is 2hrs away. So it is looking like I will potentially have to start full 3 years or possible transfer credits to OU and complete 2yrs.
    My route depends on financial eligibility.

Thanks

Natalie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Stuart,

I am exploring all options as advanced entry is down to the university, some will and some won't. Sadly the one that will is 2hrs away. So it is looking like I will potentially have to start full 3 years or possible transfer credits to OU and complete 2yrs.
    My route depends on financial eligibility.

Thanks

Natalie
    Hi Natalie,

So would you be studying full time at university starting from year 1 for the 3 year full time option and it would be possibly 2 years with open university ?

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi Natalie,

So would you be studying full time at university starting from year 1 for the 3 year full time option and it would be possibly 2 years with open university ?

Thanks

Louise
    Hi Louise,

Yes it would either be the full 3yrs or if I go with a Uni that will accept a credit transfer and start me in yr 2 it will be 2 years.

natalie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Louise,

Yes it would either be the full 3yrs or if I go with a Uni that will accept a credit transfer and start me in yr 2 it will be 2 years.

natalie
    Hi Nbishop84,

If you start at year 2 you will receive full funding for both years but if you go into year 1 you would not receive tuition fee funding but then full funding in years 2 and 3.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.