The Student Room Group

Student funding

Hello everyone!

I have some doubt about the government funding system: when do I have to apply for it? I imagine that I’ll have to when I have an offer from a university but in some pages I’ve read that you can still apply even if you don’t have one. Can I apply for funding for a course when I’ve already started that course (for instance, if a get an offer in August)?

I’m particularly worried about this since I’m an international applicant and otherwise I couldn’t afford going to university.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by gnsbrg
Hello everyone!

I have some doubt about the government funding system: when do I have to apply for it? I imagine that I’ll have to when I have an offer from a university but in some pages I’ve read that you can still apply even if you don’t have one. Can I apply for funding for a course when I’ve already started that course (for instance, if a get an offer in August)?

I’m particularly worried about this since I’m an international applicant and otherwise I couldn’t afford going to university.

Thanks!

You have to apply for student finance by 31st May to be guaranteed your finance is sorted by the start of term. If you apply later you'll still get finance, but it will take a while to be processed. You can apply up to 9 months after the start of the course, but if you do you'll need to be able to fund your studies until your loan comes through.

Quick Reply

Latest