Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok ladies, I need some help. I'm a 29-year old very fair redhead who tends to turn into one big freckle if I even attempt to go out in the sun.
    My dilemma is that I'm planning a trip to Hawaii in a little over three months and I DON'T want a horrible sunburn immediately upon arrival. DH, who is blessed with Latin skin that tans beautifully, has suggested visiting a tanning salon and working my way up to a good tanning lotions(?). My best friend is against that entirely and says to just spray tan with a good SPF to save my skin.
    Any suggestions?
    Also, if I do go the "base tan" route, what sort of time-frame prior to the vacation should I give to achieve that?
    Thanks to all you sun worshipers in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Ginger's weren't made for tans. We look weird with a spray tan too. Best bet apply factor 100 every hour, stay in the shade and then, come home and figure out how you still managed to get burnt

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.