Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok ladies, I need some help. I'm a 29-year old very fair redhead who tends to turn into one big freckle if I even attempt to go out in the sun.
    My dilemma is that I'm planning a trip to Hawaii in a little over three months and I DON'T want a horrible sunburn immediately upon arrival. DH, who is blessed with Latin skin that tans beautifully, has suggested visiting a tanning salon and working my way up to a good tanning lotions(?). My best friend is against that entirely and says to just spray tan with a good SPF to save my skin.
    Any suggestions?
    Also, if I do go the "base tan" route, what sort of time-frame prior to the vacation should I give to achieve that?
    Thanks to all you sun worshipers in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Ginger's weren't made for tans. We look weird with a spray tan too. Best bet apply factor 100 every hour, stay in the shade and then, come home and figure out how you still managed to get burnt

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.