Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Actuarial Science personal statement Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS about three weeks ago and I got an email today from Cass Business School who asks me to write a new personal statement focused more on the course I'm applying for. What should I write about? What kind of personal statement does the uni prefer to see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99Irene)
    I sent my UCAS about three weeks ago and I got an email today from Cass Business School who asks me to write a new personal statement focused more on the course I'm applying for. What should I write about? What kind of personal statement does the uni prefer to see?
    Write more about why you want study actuarial science, why you find it interesting, a little about what you know about the job/industry, why particularly the course at CASS etc that kind of thing

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should write about the Uni...a normal PS is for 5 choices, you don't tailor that either.

Op, there is a personal statement help forum on TSR, I suggest you post there. For one it would be good to read your current one, to understand why they want a new one. And generally the people helping you there are competent. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99Irene)

What inspired you to take the course and what you have done to prepare for it, i.e. any work experience which have enhanced your skills

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.