Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do maths psychology and politics and as they are getting rid of AS' only did an AS in politics and got a B one off an A for it. Also did an additional as general studies and crit papers and got CC despite revising. I have good GCSE'S I'm just worried because of my bad crit and gen studs which I don't do to A2 my predicted will seem unrealistic. Bear in mind I go to a grammar.schopl that is very careful when predicting.

ReputationRep:
    You’re in the last cohort where AS’s do kinda matter. HOWEVER it looks like your AS results were outliers and I think your teachers may emphasise that. How good was your year 12 class performance and GCSE performance in general?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i got 2 A* 6A 3B and in year 12 I averaged B-A to A-A* by the end of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaqenH'gar)
    Do maths psychology and politics and as they are getting rid of AS' only did an AS in politics and got a B one off an A for it. Also did an additional as general studies and crit papers and got CC despite revising. I have good GCSE'S I'm just worried because of my bad crit and gen studs which I don't do to A2 my predicted will seem unrealistic. Bear in mind I go to a grammar.schopl that is very careful when predicting.
    It’s difficult, universities may find those predictions unrealistic and be more hesitant to give you offers.

There’s nothing to say you won’t achieve those grades, but it doesn’t look like it on paper. Still, no harm in applying.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaqenH'gar)
    My advice would to definitely get your predicted lowered(from personal experience). When I applied for uni I only got one out of my five offers. I wrote to the other unis asking why I didn’t get in and they said it was partly due to my predicted grades not correlating with my AS and school performance. What are the standard offers for the unis your applying to? My advice would be to match that and perhaps reconsider

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.