Allan is a member of a dinghy sailing team.
The probability of strongs winds tommorrow is 0.1,
* In strong winds, the probability of Alan's team winning is 0.75,
* In light winds the probability of Allan's team winning falls to 0.45,
1) Calculate the probability that Alan's team wins tommorow
Probability (Team Wins) =
2) Given that Alan's team loses find the probability that the winds were light
Only 2 questions out of the 18 I was given; I wasnt able to solve,
Please assist me by telling me how to work the solutions out.
Turn on thread page Beta
Help in statistics watch
- Thread Starter
Last edited by Wylak; 07-11-2017 at 16:41.
- 07-11-2017 16:35
- 07-11-2017 17:31
1) What are all the possible combinations of Strong Wind/Light Wind and Win/Lose?
(eg: Strong,Win; Strong, Lose, etc...)
Now look at the combinations where the team wins. Calculate each possibility and add them together
2)What is the probability of loss? What is the probability of loss when there are light winds? If you know both probabilities, you should be able to work out what percentage Light,Lose is of Total Lose.
Hope this helps xx