Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In My textbook, only in the family section there's soooo many sociologists and I don't know whether to revise all of them. I know Murdock is a key sociologist but I don't know who else. There's sociologists like McAllister and Clarke that have said one thing in my book and the teacher hasn't mentioned them one bit. I'm really aiming for a grade higher than a C so how am I meant to remember every one of them as well as definitions and stuff??

ReputationRep:
    As long as you mention around 10 or more in your exam you should be fine. The only way I was able to remember was go over the list of names and definitions that my teacher gave us all (it was pretty much just a pile of notes with research names with a description of what they did, and key terms) and memorize them as much as I could.

You can just try a mix of ways to learn the names though as people usually prefer to learn things differently though. E.g spider diagrams, using some memory app or just reading over them constantly.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Also, if you just want me to post the pile of notes I got from the teacher then I'd totally be happy to so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future-Barista)
    As long as you mention around 10 or more in your exam you should be fine. The only way I was able to remember was go over the list of names and definitions that my teacher gave us all (it was pretty much just a pile of notes with research names with a description of what they did, and key terms) and memorize them as much as I could.

You can just try a mix of ways to learn the names though as people usually prefer to learn things differently though. E.g spider diagrams, using some memory app or just reading over them constantly.
    Alright thanks so much

And yes, I would rlly appreciate the notes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    Alright thanks so much

And yes, I would rlly appreciate the notes!
    Sure, I'll try to post them soon. It's pretty much just a list of resecher and key terms but I hope it will help.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I'll try to post them soon. It's pretty much just a list of resecher and key terms but I hope it will help.
    Thank you. What exam board?

ReputationRep:
    Wjec I think

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20171107_180343-1-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  109.7 KBName:  20171107_180618-1-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  95.4 KB

These are the key terms, hopefully you're able to read them

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20171107_181201-1-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 7
Size:  150.3 KBName:  20171107_181123-1-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  128.9 KBName:  20171107_181025-1-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  124.7 KB researchers

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20171107_181201-1-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  150.3 KBName:  20171107_181123-1-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  128.9 KBName:  20171107_181025-1-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Size:  124.7 KB researchers
    Omg Tysm. Have no idea why my teacher didn't do the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully those two should help you. There's also another recent thread titled 'sociology alevel' by Kayeen (?) where I've posted some extra stuff concerning sociology family

ReputationRep:
    Omg Tysm. Have no idea why my teacher didn't do the same thing.
    Don't mention it
    Honestly I would have failed if I didn't have this. Good luck with your test or exam though.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully those two should help you. There's also another recent thread titled 'sociology alevel' by Kayeen (?) where I've posted some extra stuff concerning sociology family
    Don't mention it
    Honestly I would have failed if I didn't have this. Good luck with your test or exam though.
    Shouldn't you make more than just a sentence? Is that just to help you remember them? Literally thank you! What grade did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't you make more than just a sentence? Is that just to help you remember them? Literally thank you! What grade did you get?
    I had a B and D, giving me an average of a C, but I'm going to retry next year.

Yeah the notes are pretty much just to help remember the terms and researches. So when you're doing the exam you'll be able to incorporate the terms and researches in order to get extra marks or use as evidence.

ReputationRep:
    I had a B and D, giving me an average of a C, but I'm going to retry next year.

Yeah the notes are pretty much just to help remember the terms and researches. So when you're doing the exam you'll be able to incorporate the terms and researches in order to get extra marks or use as evidence.
    That's good

I'll probably do the same because there's some in my board that isn't mentioned in it. Ty again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.