Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

got permanent glasses marks on my nose... Watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got this problem?
    i haven't worn my glasses in about 3 weeks. i have a permanent red mark across my nose where they usually sit. i'm waiting for a new pair of glasses at the moment (prescription changed slightly). my old glasses gave me acne across my whole nose. could it be scarring? i didn't itch or scratch it and used some tea-tree spot wand thing from boots to get rid of it over the course of 3 weeks.
    i had the marks before but they went away after 3 months of not wearing my glasses over the summer hols.
    should i just speak to a dermatologist instead of asking TSR? probably. but i'm gonna ask here anyway.

thanks a bunch lads
    alicia

ReputationRep:
    I think you should talk to your dermatologist. Glasses should not leave acne marks if they are clean. Maybe it is sort of allergy to your own sweat, in that case anti-histamine should help. Still, the best thing to do is to ask your dermatologist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisseyjj)
    anyone else got this problem?
    i haven't worn my glasses in about 3 weeks. i have a permanent red mark across my nose where they usually sit. i'm waiting for a new pair of glasses at the moment (prescription changed slightly). my old glasses gave me acne across my whole nose. could it be scarring? i didn't itch or scratch it and used some tea-tree spot wand thing from boots to get rid of it over the course of 3 weeks.
    i had the marks before but they went away after 3 months of not wearing my glasses over the summer hols.
    should i just speak to a dermatologist instead of asking TSR? probably. but i'm gonna ask here anyway.

thanks a bunch lads
    alicia
    Speaking as a sufferer of chronic acne since age 14, what you describe is most likely residual hyperpigmentation—and yes, it really does take months to fade.

ReputationRep:
    i used to have it too but thats because my glasses had those rubber pads so i changed my glasses to the plastic ones and now i have no more red marks! but i agree my glasses still are giving me alot of acne around my eyebrows/ nose bridge area and its really annoying :cry2::cry::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathy89)
    I think you should talk to your dermatologist. Glasses should not leave acne marks if they are clean. Maybe it is sort of allergy to your own sweat, in that case anti-histamine should help. Still, the best thing to do is to ask your dermatologist.
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Speaking as a sufferer of chronic acne since age 14, what you describe is most likely residual hyperpigmentation—and yes, it really does take months to fade.
    (Original post by Imzy010)
    i used to have it too but thats because my glasses had those rubber pads so i changed my glasses to the plastic ones and now i have no more red marks! but i agree my glasses still are giving me alot of acne around my eyebrows/ nose bridge area and its really annoying :cry2::cry::cry2:

thank you all. sorry for the late response!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.