I was asking which country, like Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sleepy22)
    I was asking which country, like Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox etc
    Palestine. I am from Palestine
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gloriousgloria)
    why islam and not another branch or form of christianity?
    I dont really know.I just didn't really understand that God could have a son and how you need a human being to forgive your sins and not God. Islam showed me a peaceful solutions to all the problems i was facing at the time.

ReputationRep:
    this made me so happy. Man you are so lucky, make dua for me please! What did you find in Islam that was the turning point into converting. Was it something specific you read or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustforAma)
    this made me so happy. Man you are so lucky, make dua for me please! What did you find in Islam that was the turning point into converting. Was it something specific you read or?
    I didn't really have a specific area of Islam i just started studying the life of Jesus and comparing what they said in Christianity about him and what they said about Isa (Jesus) in Islam.

Turning point was pretty much when i went to a Muslim Imam ( he was a councillor) and asked him for help(at the time i was depressed and i was into cigarettes and alcohol) and he did not even frown on me or question me when i told him what was happening. He brought me in the house and he made me tea and helped me. After 3 weeks, i was off everything. I went back and i memorised the shahadah so when he opened the door, i said it and from that day everything has turned better for me.

I converted because of the people who showed Islam, they were all amazing.Of course studying the religion had its place, but how they treated me in Palestine and the UK with such sincerity changed my mind and thank god,im proud to be a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westham315)
    I didn't really have a specific area of Islam i just started studying the life of Jesus and comparing what they said in Christianity about him and what they said about Isa (Jesus) in Islam.

Turning point was pretty much when i went to a Muslim Imam ( he was a councillor) and asked him for help(at the time i was depressed and i was into cigarettes and alcohol) and he did not even frown on me or question me when i told him what was happening. He brought me in the house and he made me tea and helped me. After 3 weeks, i was off everything. I went back and i memorised the shahadah so when he opened the door, i said it and from that day everything has turned better for me.

I converted because of the people who showed Islam, they were all amazing.Of course studying the religion had its place, but how they treated me in Palestine and the UK with such sincerity changed my mind and thank god,im proud to be a Muslim.
    That's amazing to hear!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.