Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is the combined science revision cgp guide enough? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically I have the combined science aqa revision guide and I’m just wondering is that enough? Bcos I have the cgp textbooks too and for chemistry and physics the textbooks r great, but unfortunately for biology, I can stand the pictures of the insects so I just use the revision guide... what should I do... ah the textbook is good as it’s more detailed and my biology teacher basically teaches me nothing... but I just CANNOT stand the images. Help!!

ReputationRep:
    Other than using the revision guide, do as many past papers as you can and literally answer them according to the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    It is, but you need to make your own revision material. CGP books, however, are the best revision guides!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReadilySalted)
    It is, but you need to make your own revision material. CGP books, however, are the best revision guides!
    Okay thanks! What do u mean by my own revision material? ://
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berrydo)
    Notes/quick-diagrams/flashcards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emperorCode)
    Notes/quick-diagrams/flashcards
    Okay I’m summarising biology stuff from the revision guide at the moment, how do I know which r the key parts?

ReputationRep:
    So for each unit, you have specific notes for them. Like a folder, say for chemistry, and have a wallet labelled "Electrolysis", and put key notes that you haven't copied word for words out of the revision guide and maybe create mnemonics and keep separate flashcard in them. I mean there are loads of ways you could create revision materials, but these are a few ideas. Hope that helped!

ReputationRep:
    Okay I’m summarising biology stuff from the revision guide at the moment, how do I know which r the key parts?
    When I was revising for physics (yr 12), I answered every question that had come up for the last 10 years, (by topic), and I did questions that related different topics together twice.

For computing, I combined the textbook and the mark schemes into my typed-up notes and flashcarded the resulting notes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emperorCode)
    When I was revising for physics (yr 12), I answered every question that had come up for the last 10 years, (by topic), and I did questions that related different topics together twice.

For computing, I combined the textbook and the mark schemes into my typed-up notes and flashcarded the resulting notes.
    That’s good revision for physics.... I just feel so far behind like ahhhhh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.