Is the combined science revision cgp guide enough?

Watch
username3076570
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So basically I have the combined science aqa revision guide and I’m just wondering is that enough? Bcos I have the cgp textbooks too and for chemistry and physics the textbooks r great, but unfortunately for biology, I can stand the pictures of the insects so I just use the revision guide... what should I do... ah the textbook is good as it’s more detailed and my biology teacher basically teaches me nothing... but I just CANNOT stand the images. Help!!
iamachild
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Other than using the revision guide, do as many past papers as you can and literally answer them according to the mark scheme.
ReadilySalted
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is, but you need to make your own revision material. CGP books, however, are the best revision guides!
username3076570
Rep:
?
(Original post by ReadilySalted)
It is, but you need to make your own revision material. CGP books, however, are the best revision guides!
Okay thanks! What do u mean by my own revision material? ://
emperorCode
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Berrydo)
Notes/quick-diagrams/flashcards
username3076570
Rep:
?
(Original post by emperorCode)
Notes/quick-diagrams/flashcards
Okay I’m summarising biology stuff from the revision guide at the moment, how do I know which r the key parts?
ReadilySalted
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So for each unit, you have specific notes for them. Like a folder, say for chemistry, and have a wallet labelled "Electrolysis", and put key notes that you haven't copied word for words out of the revision guide and maybe create mnemonics and keep separate flashcard in them. I mean there are loads of ways you could create revision materials, but these are a few ideas. Hope that helped!
emperorCode
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay I’m summarising biology stuff from the revision guide at the moment, how do I know which r the key parts?
When I was revising for physics (yr 12), I answered every question that had come up for the last 10 years, (by topic), and I did questions that related different topics together twice.

For computing, I combined the textbook and the mark schemes into my typed-up notes and flashcarded the resulting notes.
username3076570
Rep:
?
(Original post by emperorCode)
When I was revising for physics (yr 12), I answered every question that had come up for the last 10 years, (by topic), and I did questions that related different topics together twice.

For computing, I combined the textbook and the mark schemes into my typed-up notes and flashcarded the resulting notes.
That’s good revision for physics.... I just feel so far behind like ahhhhh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.78%
I'm not sure (44)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.85%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed