Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, i want to apply to city university but they require grade B in maths gcse, and i've got a C. my predicted grades for A levels are ABB- their usual requirement for A levels. would they accept me if i apply there? has anyone been on the same boat as me and got an offer?

thanks in advance!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamachild)
    hi, i want to apply to city university but they require grade B in maths gcse, and i've got a C. my predicted grades for A levels are ABB- their usual requirement for A levels. would they accept me if i apply there? has anyone been on the same boat as me and got an offer?

thanks in advance!
    Well, I missed maths at A-Level by a grade (they wanted B, I got a C) and they still accepted me. It was a couple of years ago, mind you.

They could probably accept you if you are taking Maths at A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Well, I missed maths at A-Level by a grade (they wanted B, I got a C) and they still accepted me. It was a couple of years ago, mind you.

They could probably accept you if you are taking Maths at A-Level.
    thanks,

could you please tell me how the course is like, the teaching standards, teachers themselves, facilities and overall environment.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamachild)
    thanks,

could you please tell me how the course is like, the teaching standards, teachers themselves, facilities and overall environment.
    Course: Not too difficult in my opinion but very high workload, you'll have to put in a lot of effort to get a 2:1. Lots of exposure to different technologies and programming areas.

Teaching standards: Quite high, it sort of gradually eases you into the more complex things but there's a lot of resources to help. There's open hours and drop-in sessions where you can get extra teaching if you want, towards the exam period there's surgeries as well.

Tutors: A lot of the tutors/lecturers are very good and helpful.

Facilities: Plenty of free computer rooms for you to do your work. They recently refurbished some new computer rooms as well, there's free rooms in every building so you'll never find yourself lacking of a free computer to do your work on. There's also a library with 2 floors filled with computers (4 extra floors for silent study) so again, you'll always find free space to do your work.

Overall environment: Not so amazing, you get a lot of chavs in the area and it smells of weed most of the time. It's not the worst though, the building itself is nice and they've done up the entrance so it looks more appealing. Very diverse university with a lot of societies and they also have their own sports hall too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Course: Not too difficult in my opinion but very high workload, you'll have to put in a lot of effort to get a 2:1. Lots of exposure to different technologies and programming areas.

Teaching standards: Quite high, it sort of gradually eases you into the more complex things but there's a lot of resources to help. There's open hours and drop-in sessions where you can get extra teaching if you want, towards the exam period there's surgeries as well.

Tutors: A lot of the tutors/lecturers are very good and helpful.

Facilities: Plenty of free computer rooms for you to do your work. They recently refurbished some new computer rooms as well, there's free rooms in every building so you'll never find yourself lacking of a free computer to do your work on. There's also a library with 2 floors filled with computers (4 extra floors for silent study) so again, you'll always find free space to do your work.

Overall environment: Not so amazing, you get a lot of chavs in the area and it smells of weed most of the time. It's not the worst though, the building itself is nice and they've done up the entrance so it looks more appealing. Very diverse university with a lot of societies and they also have their own sports hall too.
    thank you so much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.