Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can’t cope with my sister putting me down all of the time Watch

We are both 16. She is always calling me Things- fat, stupid, lazy, freak, fool plus lots more. I’m not a sensitive person and can take a joke but this isn’t a joke and I’m already so self conscious. If I say or do somthjng that she doesn’t like with my friends she will say that I make myself look like a fool once they’re gone. She always starts on me and I go upstairs and put my earphones in but then she is even more horrible because I’m ignoring her. I really have had enough now it really hurts inside. She starts on me and then somehow turns it on to me and my mum reminds ME that I’m nearly 17. I just don’t know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    GYOB remember that show? GUNGE HER!

ReputationRep:
    in all seriousness, maybe tell her how you feel, there must be some kind of a relationship between the two of you or is it always just abuse? do you play up to what she says? or just ignore her? give her a taste of her own medicine? prank her to within an inch of insanity?

I would suggest just tell her she's being a ****ing ***** and ruining your life. and she needs to grow the **** up and stop being a ****.

Also if she's taking all this out on you, psychologists would say she's compensating for her own problems, see if anything is upsetting her?

(Original post by squeak)
    in all seriousness, maybe tell her how you feel, there must be some kind of a relationship between the two of you or is it always just abuse? do you play up to what she says? or just ignore her? give her a taste of her own medicine? prank her to within an inch of insanity?

I would suggest just tell her she's being a ****ing ***** and ruining your life. and she needs to grow the **** up and stop being a ****.

Also if she's taking all this out on you, psychologists would say she's compensating for her own problems, see if anything is upsetting her?
    Yeah tbh we are probably apart for about 2 hours a day we are constantly together. She can be ok. Sometimes I do but usually I try to ignore her and just go upstairs but of course she follows. On the rare occasion I snap and treat her the same I am then called a bully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah tbh we are probably apart for about 2 hours a day we are constantly together. She can be ok. Sometimes I do but usually I try to ignore her and just go upstairs but of course she follows. On the rare occasion I snap and treat her the same I am then called a bully.

oh well there you have it, proximity is horrendous for some families. as soon as i moved out my relationship with my parents became bloody awesome because there were no constant irritations. try and spend more time apart, or make the effort to do fun things together to enrich your relationship.

my brother used to wind me up so much as a teenager, and i used to react to it so much he carried on, so much i threw a remote control towards him - my aim being terrible it hit him in the face..had to lock myself in the bathroom till my mum got home haha I just kind of lived with it until he moved out ..think the problem was that we were too similar

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.