Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, hope you're all having a good evening

So I have received offers from Southampton and Sheffield which are two universities that I really wanted to go to! So i am extremely pleased

However, I am now at a dilemma. I really like both universities, and their law schools are both fantastic. However, I am finding it difficult to decide which one would be better for :

A. Teaching and professors and support from teaching staff.

B. Reputation of the universities themselves (which I know both have good reputations!)

C. Graduate prospects (how many graduates are able to secure training contracts within a year of graduating)

D. A question for current law students at either two; how enjoyable are the modules?

Thank you so much for answering!
    TWB

ReputationRep:
    I would choose Southampton for its commercial expertise. I can't really advise on the teaching or graduate destinations; they are equally reputable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    I would choose Southampton for its commercial expertise. I can't really advise on the teaching or graduate destinations; they are equally reputable.
    Thank you so much for replying! I was informed by someone that, unfortunately, Southampton's law school is underfunded and apparently not doing great?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theworriedbanana)
    Thank you so much for replying! I was informed by someone that, unfortunately, Southampton's law school is underfunded and apparently not doing great?
    All law schools are under-funded. I wouldn't put too much stock in what a disgruntled student has to say, which might seem paradoxical. But a) they have studied elsewhere to know that elsewhere is any better -- "under-funded" implies they know the right funding level b) there's disgruntled students at LSE, Bristol, QMUL -- and there will be many happy students there too. Naturally, the p*ssed off student is going to give you a negative review.

I know many people who have studied and indeed someone who lectures at the school, and they are largely positive. It is a nice city too, which I would recommend you visit.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.