Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grime VS Rap Watch

ReputationRep:
    Grime all the way. It's either mostacks or be stacked for not knowing mostacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Godfather was really good and deserved all the positive reviews imo. Konnichiwa could have been great if Skepta just made a few simple changes, like taking that phone call off. It has no place on an album. Stormzy did something similar on his, it's pointless and the album would not lose quality if you take it off.

That was pretty good yeah. Had like three or four really good tracks (Left The Room, If Mans Talking, Look How Many are the ones that stand out from memory). But some bad moments, excusable though as it was a mixtape.

Only what got posted on the Grime thread on here, I think Steak Bake was my favourite but I'd need to listen again as I only heard it once.

Mello Music put out a lot of good stuff. Then you have Run The Jewels, Oddisee who I mentioned before, Danny Brown (my favourite of the current rappers) Compton was great as you say. Can Ox dropped a new album. Shabazz Palaces, Elzhi, Ghostface have all released strong albums. There has been loads of stuff over the past couple of years.
    You heard the new Wu album?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    American rap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    You heard the new Wu album?
    Na, I heard ABT when that came out and it was shite so I have no desire to seek out the new one. Probably wouldn't even check Once Upon a Time in Shaolin if that got released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    Grime all the way. It's either mostacks or be stacked for not knowing mostacks.
    MoStack isn't grime

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Na, I heard ABT when that came out and it was shite so I have no desire to seek out the new one. Probably wouldn't even check Once Upon a Time in Shaolin if that got released.
    The tracks I've heard are very good.

Have you heard Czarface by Inspectah Deck? (Released in 2013 I think).

ReputationRep:
    American rap. No hesitation.

ReputationRep:
    Uk rap all day. Is so much more versatile and there are so many sub genres from it that are calm. US rap is good but def not as good

ReputationRep:
    MoStack isn't grime

The tracks I've heard are very good.

Have you heard Czarface by Inspectah Deck? (Released in 2013 I think).
    Then who do you refer to? J hus or Kojo Funds or maybe the other man like Bugzy Malone and Hardy Caprio ?

ReputationRep:
    Then who do you refer to? J hus or Kojo Funds or maybe the other man like Bugzy Malone and Hardy Caprio ?
    Grime is aggressive and raw.

Type "Dirty South Salute - Dot Rotten" into YouTube, that's grime

Compare that to MoStack, it sounds completely different.

ReputationRep:
    Grime is aggressive and raw.

Type "Dirty South Salute - Dot Rotten" into YouTube, that's grime

Compare that to MoStack, it sounds completely different.
    I won't lie, i listened to beginning part of the song; it sounds bare messy bro... gg oh well, i guess we have different tastes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
    A number of you need slapping with a leng handle

ReputationRep:
    I won't lie, i listened to beginning part of the song; it sounds bare messy bro... gg oh well, i guess we have different tastes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That's grime my brother.

The artists you are describing (J Hus, MoStack etc) are more rap/RnB.

Compare J Hus to P Money, there's a massive difference.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.