Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When people say that in an abstract interview question, they aren't really looking for the answer but more for the way you think and how you obtain that answer - what type of 'thinking' are higher tier universities looking for?

ReputationRep:
    answer all the questions in fluent italian. that should do it.

ReputationRep:
    We want to see that you have the ability to problem solve and figure things out when we say this. The ability to connect dots and find patterns to help guide you towards the answer. To think logically and analytically to arrive at a solution.

If you can do this, then it doesn't matter what course I'm teaching you: you should be able to take the material that I give you in lectures, connect the dots and put together the pieces to learn what needs to be learnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatin101)
    When people say that in an abstract interview question, they aren't really looking for the answer but more for the way you think and how you obtain that answer - what type of 'thinking' are higher tier universities looking for?
    Actual admission tutor is hosting a thread to answer a question like this. I’d strongly advise to ask him.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5041574

(Original post by Simba)
    We want to see that you have the ability to problem solve and figure things out when we say this. The ability to connect dots and find patterns to help guide you towards the answer. To think logically and analytically to arrive at a solution. If you can do this, then it doesn't matter what course I'm teaching you: you should be able to take the material that I give you in lectures, connect the dots and put together the pieces to learn what needs to be learnt.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post74539288

Please do not present yourself as if you are in a position to represent Cambridge without any proof you really are or without approval from real Cambridge representatives who are regular contributors to this forum.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Jatin101)
    You don't normally get an "abstract interview question". Questions are generally relevant to the course. And yes getting the "right" answer is not the point (and often there isn't a right answer anyway) it's how you get to the answer. So thinking out loud, taking your time, and being fairly logical in your approach are all good things.

But follow the link already given by Vincrows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.