Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Work Experience at Pets at Home? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just applied for my year 10 work experience at pets at home, does anyone have any experience of this? what will I be made to do and what will i have to wear etc.. thanks xx
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I did a week of work experience at Pets at Home. This was over five years ago but I don't imagine that a lot will have changed.

It was the same as any retail position really. In the mornings we would help stock up the shelves after deliveries came in. The rest of the day was spent 'fronting up' the shelves (bringing stock to the front and making it look neat), helping customers to find things, and working the till. I didn't get to do much with the animals other than cleaning them out a few times... and scooping dead fish out of the tanks

They didn't make us wear the uniform and just asked us to wear dark coloured clothes. I wore a shirt and school trousers but I was definitely overdressed, the others came wearing hoodies and trackies. I imagine that this will vary between stores depending on what the manager deems as acceptable so it won't hurt to contact them beforehand to ask what they want

Best of luck, hope you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    I did a week of work experience at Pets at Home. This was over five years ago but I don't imagine that a lot will have changed.

It was the same as any retail position really. In the mornings we would help stock up the shelves after deliveries came in. The rest of the day was spent 'fronting up' the shelves (bringing stock to the front and making it look neat), helping customers to find things, and working the till. I didn't get to do much with the animals other than cleaning them out a few times... and scooping dead fish out of the tanks

They didn't make us wear the uniform and just asked us to wear dark coloured clothes. I wore a shirt and school trousers but I was definitely overdressed, the others came wearing hoodies and trackies. I imagine that this will vary between stores depending on what the manager deems as acceptable so it won't hurt to contact them beforehand to ask what they want

Best of luck, hope you enjoy it!
    they specified to me that I can't have any contact with the animals for health and safety reasons which is a disappointment but oh well, j guess ill just wear jeans or something or ask them. thanks for the advice! xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.