Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I heard about the “grow your grades” programme and I figured that it was a good idea to keep track of all my grades, to see whether my revision is sufficient and if I’ve improved.

I haven’t taken any exams this academic year, so I’ll just be posting my end of year exam results from last year (Year 9.)

English-8
    French-8
    History-7
    Maths-6
    Art-6
    Science-3 (this year I’m taking the exams separately, as I’m doing Triple Science)
    Business studies-N/A

My first mocks this year are in December, so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    hey! good luck with your gcses, how are you preparing for mocks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    hey! good luck with your gcses, how are you preparing for mocks?
    Thank you! You too, if you’re doing them aswell. And I’m preparing by consistently looking over notes, watching youtube videos on the more technical subjects (such as Science, as I struggle with that a lot) and hoping for the best, really.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeusexmachina)
    Hi! I heard about the “grow your grades” programme and I figured that it was a good idea to keep track of all my grades, to see whether my revision is sufficient and if I’ve improved.

I haven’t taken any exams this academic year, so I’ll just be posting my end of year exam results from last year (Year 9.)

English-8
    French-8
    History-7
    Maths-6
    Art-6
    Science-3 (this year I’m taking the exams separately, as I’m doing Triple Science)
    Business studies-N/A

My first mocks this year are in December, so fingers crossed!
    Best of luck - do you feel prepared for your mocks?

If you need any help with science, let me know and I'll see what I can help with
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! I just wanted to pop in to say best of luck with this! your grades are looking really good. How are you feeling about your upcoming mocks?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Best of luck - do you feel prepared for your mocks?

If you need any help with science, let me know and I'll see what I can help with
    Mostly, to be honest. I definitely think I can get 9s in French, History and English as I’ve consolidated my learning and my grades were down to the fact that my time keeping skills in exams are horrible, and how I answer the questions. I’ve really improved on that so I’m not too worried about those subjects. For maths, I really think I can atleast achieve a 7, as I got moved down to set 2 this year and it’s a less competitive area and the teacher doesn’t expect me to immediately get everything. Everything else is fine, but I’m a tad worried for Business, as it’s going to be my first exam on this subject! Same with science, but that’s only because I started to find it difficult mid year 9.

Thank you for the offer, but I’ve really been doing a lot more studying outside of class, so I don’t find anything particularly difficult atm. It’s appreciated! I’ll send a message when I need help, though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Hello there! I just wanted to pop in to say best of luck with this! your grades are looking really good. How are you feeling about your upcoming mocks?
    Haha, thanks, but I feel that’s a bit of an overstatement! I’m feeling pretty confident actually. It’s the beginning of the academic year and the pressure hasn’t really gotten to me yet so I’m not panicking-yet! I think I have a really good shot at every subject-even Science! 😅
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeusexmachina)
    Mostly, to be honest. I definitely think I can get 9s in French, History and English as I’ve consolidated my learning and my grades were down to the fact that my time keeping skills in exams are horrible, and how I answer the questions. I’ve really improved on that so I’m not too worried about those subjects. For maths, I really think I can atleast achieve a 7, as I got moved down to set 2 this year and it’s a less competitive area and the teacher doesn’t expect me to immediately get everything. Everything else is fine, but I’m a tad worried for Business, as it’s going to be my first exam on this subject! Same with science, but that’s only because I started to find it difficult mid year 9.

Thank you for the offer, but I’ve really been doing a lot more studying outside of class, so I don’t find anything particularly difficult atm. It’s appreciated! I’ll send a message when I need help, though?
    Glad to hear you're positive. Feel free to message me whenever

ReputationRep:
    Just doing a bit of an update.

ART- We’re going to start our final piece this Tuesday, choosing from our three initial pieces. I was sick last Tuesday (we have Art three periods that day, which means I missed a week of lessons) so I have a lot of catching up to do today and tomorrow, I’ve barely finished my first!

BIOLOGY-To be honest, this class is a joke. It’s not the subject that’s awful, it’s the numerous substitute teachers we have every week-our teacher left the school and the school is struggling to find a permanent replacement. We’ve just about finished Natural Selection, Evolution and Darwin’s Theory so we’re now doing Diabetes, Diseases and so forth.

HISTORY- I’m pretty sure that this is my favourite subject this year! The topic we’re doing is the 1920s and we’ve finished doing the
    Boom, the ”Roaring 20s”- a the entertainment industry and society, Prohibition and we’re doing Al Capone. My teacher springs a lot of exam questions on us for practice and so far we’ve done, 4 mark questions, 8 mark questions and 12 mark questions.

CHEMISTRY- Chemistry this year is horrible! My teacher is not good at explaining so I have to resort to watching videos on Youtube more often than not. We’re doing Electrolysis at the moment, which is quite easy with the help of my CGP book! We did an end of topic test which was not announced so it came as a bit of a shock to everyone. The mark was out of 34 I think, and I’ll find out my result tomorrow or Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

ENGLISH- To begin with, we did this mock English Lang paper as a class on various different sources, Frankenstein, The Lie Tree, etc, and after that we did our own, timed and all! The paper was out of 80, and unfortunately I got 49 which I was really disappointed in. I’m usually really good in English and I mistakenly thought that I didn’t need to do much work, but this paper gave me a reality check.

(I’ll do the other subjects later!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.