Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey ,I am in year 10 and was just wondering if there were any YouTube channels that are good for revision etc, I am doing computer science , religious studies, geography, French, physics, biology, chemistry, maths and English . I find videos as the best way to revise and learn so if you have any recommendations please let me know!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte8075563)
    Hey ,I am in year 10 and was just wondering if there were any YouTube channels that are good for revision etc, I am doing computer science , religious studies, geography, French, physics, biology, chemistry, maths and English . I find videos as the best way to revise and learn so if you have any recommendations please let me know!!
    Hi! I am also am in Year 10 and learn best by watching videos. Unfortunately, I have only found good youtubers for one subject, science. Primrosekitten and Freesciencelessons are both amazing when it comes to science, and provide explanations on entire sections, e.g, B1, B2 and so forth. I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in year 13, CrashCourse Chemistry/Biology tends to be very useful, the guy gives a very good summery of the topics. The only thing is as he is American some names of processes are called slightly different things as to what we have to write in the exams but the principles are the same. I'm not sure what the new GCSE syllabus is but i'd recommend taking a look to see if it is relevant to your topic as if it is it would be useful

ReputationRep:
    For Science, check out Freesciencelessons (lots of videos), myGCSEscience, and Primrose Kitten (really good).
    For Maths, Syed Institute has done some 9-1 papers. WrightMaths is also useful. Primrose Kitten is good for maths too. Doctor Jem is new but seems to upload regularly and has great videos. HegartyMaths is probably the most well-known but doesn't seem to have much on 9-1 specifically.
    I have never found any decent 9-1 English videos, please let me know if you do! Same goes for French. And computer science. I can't help you with Geography or RS. Youtubers seem to concentrate on maths and science. Lots of gaps in the market!
    Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Computer science
    craigndave
    Crash course
    Computer Science Tutor

English
    mrbruff

Religious studies
    Aaron Thorpe (although no new videos specifically for the new spec)

Science
    ChemistNATE does a few videos that are relevant to GCSE- I always find myself going back to his video about Le Chatelier's Principle.
    Science with Hazel
    GorillaPhysics
    Doodle Science
    FuseSchool (also does maths)
    Amoeba Sisters (some topics included that are covered at GCSE)
    Primrose Kitten
    Freesciencelessons

ReputationRep:
    Primrose kitten ... she's so helpful !! I watched her videos when I was in year 11
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Try this website - https://senecalearning.com it's new, and still in beta phase (i.e. they are still trialling it) It's free, and covers a range of subjects with others coming soon. It presents info visually and includes tests as you go along, and then adapts what it presents to you depending on how well you do. I don't understand the 'storing your memories in different places' bit though!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so sure about the others, but the Amoeba Sisters are really good for biology. They cover GCSE stuff but their videos to tend to be aimed at a higher learning level. I'm in year 11 and, although you need to take a second to make sure that the content they're teaching you is relevant to GCSE, they've taught me far more than my biology teacher has!

ReputationRep:
    For RS MrMcMillanREvis is amazing and he does live streams too

ReputationRep:
    thank you a ton for telling me about computer science tutor, I will ace my exam now
    (Original post by phanson1)
    Computer science
    craigndave
    Crash course
    Computer Science Tutor

English
    mrbruff

Religious studies
    Aaron Thorpe (although no new videos specifically for the new spec)

Science
    ChemistNATE does a few videos that are relevant to GCSE- I always find myself going back to his video about Le Chatelier's Principle.
    Science with Hazel
    GorillaPhysics
    Doodle Science
    FuseSchool (also does maths)
    Amoeba Sisters (some topics included that are covered at GCSE)
    Primrose Kitten
    Freesciencelessons
    (Original post by username3501624)
    Primrose kitten ... she's so helpful !! I watched her videos when I was in year 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2childmum)
    Try this website - https://senecalearning.com it's new, and still in beta phase (i.e. they are still trialling it) It's free, and covers a range of subjects with others coming soon. It presents info visually and includes tests as you go along, and then adapts what it presents to you depending on how well you do. I don't understand the 'storing your memories in different places' bit though!
    I tried it, but I don;t like it, they don't go into as much detail as others, and maths on their site is confusing

ReputationRep:
    khan academy - not for gcses but many topics to help, especially maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taesthetichope)
    For RS MrMcMillanREvis is amazing and he does live streams too
    But it does depend on your board as he currently does not teach Islam in his school and was unable to help those talking Islam this year- from what I've seen so far he has done a Catholic Christianity (AQA), Judaism (AQA) and edexcel themes, I'm not too sure on the edexcel themes as I do AQA but in his livestream he does fluctuate between the two and I shall hoping to teach Islam next year~ I hope that provided you with a bit more detail

ReputationRep:
    bizconsesh for business 9-1

ReputationRep:
    Ali-A

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.