GCSE 9-1 good YouTube channels? Watch

charlotte8075563
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey ,I am in year 10 and was just wondering if there were any YouTube channels that are good for revision etc, I am doing computer science , religious studies, geography, French, physics, biology, chemistry, maths and English . I find videos as the best way to revise and learn so if you have any recommendations please let me know!!
zeusexmachina
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by charlotte8075563)
Hey ,I am in year 10 and was just wondering if there were any YouTube channels that are good for revision etc, I am doing computer science , religious studies, geography, French, physics, biology, chemistry, maths and English . I find videos as the best way to revise and learn so if you have any recommendations please let me know!!
Hi! I am also am in Year 10 and learn best by watching videos. Unfortunately, I have only found good youtubers for one subject, science. Primrosekitten and Freesciencelessons are both amazing when it comes to science, and provide explanations on entire sections, e.g, B1, B2 and so forth. I hope this helps!
username3604572
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm in year 13, CrashCourse Chemistry/Biology tends to be very useful, the guy gives a very good summery of the topics. The only thing is as he is American some names of processes are called slightly different things as to what we have to write in the exams but the principles are the same. I'm not sure what the new GCSE syllabus is but i'd recommend taking a look to see if it is relevant to your topic as if it is it would be useful
sik_beatz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For Science, check out Freesciencelessons (lots of videos), myGCSEscience, and Primrose Kitten (really good).
For Maths, Syed Institute has done some 9-1 papers. WrightMaths is also useful. Primrose Kitten is good for maths too. Doctor Jem is new but seems to upload regularly and has great videos. HegartyMaths is probably the most well-known but doesn't seem to have much on 9-1 specifically.
I have never found any decent 9-1 English videos, please let me know if you do! Same goes for French. And computer science. I can't help you with Geography or RS. Youtubers seem to concentrate on maths and science. Lots of gaps in the market!
Hope that helps.
phanson1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Computer science
craigndave
Crash course
Computer Science Tutor

English
mrbruff

Religious studies
Aaron Thorpe (although no new videos specifically for the new spec)

Science
ChemistNATE does a few videos that are relevant to GCSE- I always find myself going back to his video about Le Chatelier's Principle.
Science with Hazel
GorillaPhysics
Doodle Science
FuseSchool (also does maths)
Amoeba Sisters (some topics included that are covered at GCSE)
Primrose Kitten
Freesciencelessons
username3501624
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Primrose kitten ... she's so helpful !! I watched her videos when I was in year 11
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
2childmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Try this website - https://senecalearning.com it's new, and still in beta phase (i.e. they are still trialling it) It's free, and covers a range of subjects with others coming soon. It presents info visually and includes tests as you go along, and then adapts what it presents to you depending on how well you do. I don't understand the 'storing your memories in different places' bit though!
AlisKingston
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm not so sure about the others, but the Amoeba Sisters are really good for biology. They cover GCSE stuff but their videos to tend to be aimed at a higher learning level. I'm in year 11 and, although you need to take a second to make sure that the content they're teaching you is relevant to GCSE, they've taught me far more than my biology teacher has!
Taesthetichope
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
For RS MrMcMillanREvis is amazing and he does live streams too
TopSurgeon21Cent
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
thank you a ton for telling me about computer science tutor, I will ace my exam now
(Original post by phanson1)
Computer science
craigndave
Crash course
Computer Science Tutor

English
mrbruff

Religious studies
Aaron Thorpe (although no new videos specifically for the new spec)

Science
ChemistNATE does a few videos that are relevant to GCSE- I always find myself going back to his video about Le Chatelier's Principle.
Science with Hazel
GorillaPhysics
Doodle Science
FuseSchool (also does maths)
Amoeba Sisters (some topics included that are covered at GCSE)
Primrose Kitten
Freesciencelessons
(Original post by username3501624)
Primrose kitten ... she's so helpful !! I watched her videos when I was in year 11
TopSurgeon21Cent
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by 2childmum)
Try this website - https://senecalearning.com it's new, and still in beta phase (i.e. they are still trialling it) It's free, and covers a range of subjects with others coming soon. It presents info visually and includes tests as you go along, and then adapts what it presents to you depending on how well you do. I don't understand the 'storing your memories in different places' bit though!
I tried it, but I don;t like it, they don't go into as much detail as others, and maths on their site is confusing
anonymous._.123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
khan academy - not for gcses but many topics to help, especially maths
Taesthetichope
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Taesthetichope)
For RS MrMcMillanREvis is amazing and he does live streams too
But it does depend on your board as he currently does not teach Islam in his school and was unable to help those talking Islam this year- from what I've seen so far he has done a Catholic Christianity (AQA), Judaism (AQA) and edexcel themes, I'm not too sure on the edexcel themes as I do AQA but in his livestream he does fluctuate between the two and I shall hoping to teach Islam next year~ I hope that provided you with a bit more detail
bizconsesh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
bizconsesh for business 9-1
OhSoLucky
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ali-A
Angus ison
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi guys,
I have just started a new youtube channel about the 2019 gcses and would love it if you could check it out. I am posting videos about all the gcse subjects in the run up to our exams next year and i hope it will help with your revision. The channel is called Angus Ison
Thanks
Unknownfemale66
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Freesciencelessons.co.uk, primrose kitten, science with hazel, mr bruff. Those are the only ones I used
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?