Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No friends at school :) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so5tired758)
    People like me alot less now though because I wasn't that nice to basically everyone over the past year, I just don't want to go through life pushing people away and being alone even though that's what feels better if you know what I mean
    I am similar to you in....some ways like enjoying being by myself and doing weird shiz but I have friends that acknowledge those parts of me and still stay friends with me. I guess you need to put some effort into finding friends that will stick by you and....since you've said you ain't the nicest fella around, you got more work to do if you don't wanna "go through life pushing people away and being alone".

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, no advice can come from me. I'm now in Year 9 and I moved schools for the only reason being because I thought I had no friends but when they realise you [me] leaving they [apparently my friends] all came together and said a really big and sad goodbye as much as I hate goodbyes I liked that one because it showed me how many so-called friends I have! I guess they just don't realise what they're missing until they actually lose it [me]! Now, after I've moved for a good 7 or 8 weeks, I feel bad and good: bad because those so-called friends I left in my old school are missed and teachers and lets not forget that people in my new school don't ignore my imperfections and are mean to me but that's althea know, right? That's how I forget about those bullies, unfortunately it's really unhealthy for me but oh well. So really my advice is to weigh the pros and cons of having/having no friends and see which is better and be confident forget about all those judgemental eyes staring at you waiting for you to do a mistake because honestly that's all they know what to do, judge! So again just find a REAL FRIEND that won't judge you for being you or calling you weird and be yourself! If that doesn't work think about, you nearly finished high school (the worst 5 years of child-hood) and keep doing what you are doing, whatever make you happy !!! Just know the real friend see the beauty in you not out ! Also find something you love to get your mind of things!

No friends=success in studies trust me...

ReputationRep:
    So dont have any. Friends are overrated. Not worth it IMO.

ReputationRep:
    So it just hit me today that I genuinely have no friends, I'm not joking. Sure I have people to eat with and hang around but I find myself prefferring to just sit in an empty classroom and cut up paper and listen to music alone (embarassing I know.) Today when i was sitting in a classroom that was another form's form room a girl walked in and said wtf why are you sitting here this is our room, what are you doing cutting paper up, is that why there's always paper on the chair, why are you so weird? and it hit me that I'm a absolute loser. I rarely go out with friends, probably once a month, and when I do I'm dying to come home. However I am concerned that when I am out of education I will just sit at home alone all the time which is unhealthy and after a few years very lonely. I am in year 11, so not much time to change. I get bored of people easily and like being with myself but only the past year has it been a real issue. This was more of getting it out but open to any suggestions
    You are just being who u r, u can't change that. However maybe if u tried to integrate more in social things like hanging with friends maybe ur situation will improve and u will feel more at ease and comfortable when talking with people

ReputationRep:
    I like being by myself too. I'm my own best friend lol!

ReputationRep:
    So it just hit me today that I genuinely have no friends, I'm not joking. Sure I have people to eat with and hang around but I find myself prefferring to just sit in an empty classroom and cut up paper and listen to music alone (embarassing I know.) Today when i was sitting in a classroom that was another form's form room a girl walked in and said wtf why are you sitting here this is our room, what are you doing cutting paper up, is that why there's always paper on the chair, why are you so weird? and it hit me that I'm a absolute loser. I rarely go out with friends, probably once a month, and when I do I'm dying to come home. However I am concerned that when I am out of education I will just sit at home alone all the time which is unhealthy and after a few years very lonely. I am in year 11, so not much time to change. I get bored of people easily and like being with myself but only the past year has it been a real issue. This was more of getting it out but open to any suggestions
    Maybe you're socially awkward and don't know it. Same here, I prefer being alone and staying at home, on the other hand, i do have nice friends. Maybe you don't have friends that you share the same interests with. Anyway just like another user said, its great not to have friends in GCSE and A Level life because you're free!:daydreaming::flybye:

ReputationRep:
    i used to be like this, but as you get older you start to understand the definition of the term 'friends'.

ReputationRep:
    I am like this and always have been, I consider myself an introvert and get quickly exhausted by being around other people too much. Look up introvert and I am pretty sure you will be able to relate.

I now have about 3 friends who I honestly see about 5 times a year. Other than that my husband and mother are my only friends. I couldn’t be happier
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMyMocks)
    I like being by myself too. I'm my own best friend lol!
    I’m so with you!!! Solitude is way underrated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    I’m so with you!!! Solitude is way underrated!
    Tell me about it. Sometimes my friends ring me to come and hang out and I straight blank refuse to do so :P
    It's not that I don't like them... I just like being with myself more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMyMocks)
    Tell me about it. Sometimes my friends ring me to come and hang out and I straight blank refuse to do so :P
    It's not that I don't like them... I just like being with myself more!
    Hahahahaha I do this all the time!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's perfectly fine wanting to be alone. And as someone else has already mentioned, at least you can focus on your GCSE'S without any distractions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.