The Student Room Group

No friends at school :)

Scroll to see replies

:smile: Honestly, no advice can come from me. I'm now in Year 9 and I moved schools for the only reason being because I thought I had no friends but when they realise you [me] leaving they [apparently my friends] all came together and said a really big and sad goodbye as much as I hate goodbyes I liked that one because it showed me how many so-called friends I have! I guess they just don't realise what they're missing until they actually lose it [me]! Now, after I've moved for a good 7 or 8 weeks, I feel bad and good: bad because those so-called friends I left in my old school are missed and teachers and lets not forget that people in my new school don't ignore my imperfections and are mean to me but that's althea know, right? That's how I forget about those bullies, unfortunately it's really unhealthy for me but oh well. So really my advice is to weigh the pros and cons of having/having no friends and see which is better and be confident forget about all those judgemental eyes staring at you waiting for you to do a mistake because honestly that's all they know what to do, judge! So again just find a REAL FRIEND that won't judge you for being you or calling you weird and be yourself! If that doesn't work think about, you nearly finished high school (the worst 5 years of child-hood) and keep doing what you are doing, whatever make you happy !!! Just know the real friend see the beauty in you not out ! Also find something you love to get your mind of things! :smile:
No friends=success in studies trust me...
So dont have any. Friends are overrated. Not worth it IMO.
Original post by so5tired758
So it just hit me today that I genuinely have no friends, I'm not joking. Sure I have people to eat with and hang around but I find myself prefferring to just sit in an empty classroom and cut up paper and listen to music alone (embarassing I know.) Today when i was sitting in a classroom that was another form's form room a girl walked in and said wtf why are you sitting here this is our room, what are you doing cutting paper up, is that why there's always paper on the chair, why are you so weird? and it hit me that I'm a absolute loser. I rarely go out with friends, probably once a month, and when I do I'm dying to come home. However I am concerned that when I am out of education I will just sit at home alone all the time which is unhealthy and after a few years very lonely. I am in year 11, so not much time to change. I get bored of people easily and like being with myself but only the past year has it been a real issue. This was more of getting it out but open to any suggestions

You are just being who u r, u can't change that. However maybe if u tried to integrate more in social things like hanging with friends maybe ur situation will improve and u will feel more at ease and comfortable when talking with people
I like being by myself too. I'm my own best friend lol!
Reply 25
So it just hit me today that I genuinely have no friends, I'm not joking. Sure I have people to eat with and hang around but I find myself prefferring to just sit in an empty classroom and cut up paper and listen to music alone (embarassing I know.) Today when i was sitting in a classroom that was another form's form room a girl walked in and said wtf why are you sitting here this is our room, what are you doing cutting paper up, is that why there's always paper on the chair, why are you so weird? and it hit me that I'm a absolute loser. I rarely go out with friends, probably once a month, and when I do I'm dying to come home. However I am concerned that when I am out of education I will just sit at home alone all the time which is unhealthy and after a few years very lonely. I am in year 11, so not much time to change. I get bored of people easily and like being with myself but only the past year has it been a real issue. This was more of getting it out but open to any suggestions

Maybe you're socially awkward and don't know it. Same here, I prefer being alone and staying at home, on the other hand, i do have nice friends. Maybe you don't have friends that you share the same interests with. Anyway just like another user said, its great not to have friends in GCSE and A Level life because you're free!:daydreaming::flybye:
i used to be like this, but as you get older you start to understand the definition of the term 'friends'.
I am like this and always have been, I consider myself an introvert and get quickly exhausted by being around other people too much. Look up introvert and I am pretty sure you will be able to relate.

I now have about 3 friends who I honestly see about 5 times a year. Other than that my husband and mother are my only friends. I couldn’t be happier
Original post by FailedMyMocks
I like being by myself too. I'm my own best friend lol!

I’m so with you!!! Solitude is way underrated!
Original post by del1rious
I’m so with you!!! Solitude is way underrated!

Tell me about it. Sometimes my friends ring me to come and hang out and I straight blank refuse to do so :P
It's not that I don't like them... I just like being with myself more!
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Tell me about it. Sometimes my friends ring me to come and hang out and I straight blank refuse to do so :P
It's not that I don't like them... I just like being with myself more!

Hahahahaha I do this all the time!!!!
Reply 31
It's perfectly fine wanting to be alone. And as someone else has already mentioned, at least you can focus on your GCSE'S without any distractions
Family > friends Well, I do have friends but in school I feel like I don’t really have genuine good friends? I like spending a lot of time with my family and cousins etc . I guess friends will just come naturally , don’t try too hard.
(edited 5 years ago)
How about making new friends at school ?
I'm 26 and don't have friends either. Family comes first. Friends are those who stay with you in your toughest times. So if you ever had a hard time at school and someone helped, that is your true friend.

wtfff ur literallly me !!!!! 😂😂
Reply 36
ur literally me
same
So it just hit me today that I genuinely have no friends, I'm not joking. Sure I have people to eat with and hang around but I find myself prefferring to just sit in an empty classroom and cut up paper and listen to music alone (embarassing I know.)

I kinda relate - I have a few friends, (made a post recently about loosing some, thats a different story) although I can't say that loosing friends bothers me anymore - it used to, and additionally at A-Level, the ability to have quiet and alone time more than most is valuable for studying. Most of the time I would happily be alone - even away from family. Although it is good to have one or two you can talk to sometimes.

i have the same issue and i too am in year 11 trust me we don't have long left there is no use in making new friends when you probably will feel more low having any at all i know this isnt what you want to hear but yeah............ hope this helps :smile: just be your own person = better grades :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending