Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does mechanical engineering in the higher ranks look at our gcse grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mugestu01)
    btw obvs not talking about oxbridge or top 5 unis but unis slightly lower than that

ReputationRep:
    Most will probably just look at your Maths & English Language GCSE grades, and then focus more on your A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Most will probably just look at your Maths & English Language GCSE grades, and then focus more on your A-Levels.
    I got a 7(A) in maths and 5(C) in english language

ReputationRep:
    I got a 7(A) in maths and 5(C) in english language
    They're fine.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    btw obvs not talking about oxbridge or top 5 unis but unis slightly lower than that
    Requirements can vary by university - simply check their website to see if you meet their stated minimum GCSE requirements.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hey Mugestu,

I'm currently a Robotic Engineering student here at UCLan, and can definitely say our engineering courses require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C and above, with Maths and English at grade C too.

On the positive side you can resit your Maths and English at most colleges if you get below a C.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCLan Ambassador)
    Hey Mugestu,

I'm currently a Robotic Engineering student here at UCLan, and can definitely say our engineering courses require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C and above, with Maths and English at grade C too.

On the positive side you can resit your Maths and English at most colleges if you get below a C.

Josh
    yh I got 3 As 3Cs rest Bs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.