Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone apply with not-so-perfect GCSE's and still receive an offer for the 6-year Cambridge Medicine course?

ReputationRep:
    Short answer: not-so-perfect GCSEs can be fine as long as they're decent. With not-so-perfect predicted grades you'd be pushing your luck. Especially if your BMAT isn't that good. From what I've understood Cambridge focuses mostly on A levels and BMAT in pre-interview selection.

I'm not sure if Cambridge has data in a form that's more easily readable but e.g. here you can see the statistics of people who applied two years ago and whether they got in or not.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it depends what you mean by not so perfect. My school allowed me to take only 8 o level. Still my 8 A* is below average and I very pessimistic about getting an interview
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.