The Student Room Group

Booking first red driving school lesson

Hi,

I’m thinking of getting driving lessons with them, can someone please explain what ‘controls and manoeuvre’ only means. Does that mean I won’t even be driving if I block this introductory 2 hour lesson
Original post by Fighter365
Hi,

I’m thinking of getting driving lessons with them, can someone please explain what ‘controls and manoeuvre’ only means. Does that mean I won’t even be driving if I block this introductory 2 hour lesson

Controls is what is states on the tin. Gears windscreen wipers clutch brakes and accelerator etc and manoeuvre is the way you move the steering wheel which in essence means that you will be introduced to these and yes you will be driving in your first lesson. Just moving off and stopping,

Have fun, and all the best!
(edited 6 years ago)
clutch control and a manoeuvre such as parking
Reply 3
Original post by MiszShortee786
Controls and manoeuvre means that you will be introduced to these and yes you will be driving in your first lesson. Just moving off and stopping,

Have fun, and all the best!

Okay thanks but i feel like I will grip it quite quickly so will they enable to move on if they can see I know what to do easily
Okay thanks but i feel like I will grip it quite quickly so will they enable to move on if they can see I know what to do easily

Dont stress it will come by in time! The first two lessons in my opinion can be hard but that is all dependent on the individual itself.

All the best!

I'm sure they will, but bare in mind that most people think they'll be driving gods before their first lesson and end up finding out it's a lot harder than they first thought!

On my first lesson (not Red) I essentially drove round a suburban area (so 20-30 mph and left and right turns).
Hi,

You shouldn't rush. The theory part of the first lesson is quite important, and once you get it over and done with you won't have to go through it again, so just be patient!

You'll probably do a little bit of stop/start driving in your lesson down some very quiet roads, but don't expect to go above 2nd gear. You certainly won't be driving back home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending