Currently applying to university. Can't make my mind up on whether to live at home whilst studying or to apply for accommodation.
What are the pros and cons?
Applying to Uni: live at home or live in accommodation? Watch
- Thread Starter
Live at Home:
- Save a lot of money
- Be with family every day (some may see this as a con lol)
- Live in a familiar environment where you know your way around
- No need to make all your meals yourself every day.
- Some may find being around family everyday distracting and repetitive
- You will need to commute to the University every day taking time out of your day
(The rest of the cons will be the pros of uni accommodation)
Living at University:
- Be in an academic surrounding with other students doing the same and different subjects. This may cause you to learn new things and maybe have a study bud.
- Be Independent and really begin your journey to be a responsible and capable adult. At Uni, living alone can allow you to gain and complement your skills.
- Enjoy the 'student life' a bit more. What you do at this time depends on who you are so this could be: late night drinking/partying, watching movies together with flatmates and doing what you enjoy!
- Accommodation is very expensive which can especially hard for people from low-income households to pay off.
- You may not like your flatmates.
- Uni accomodation can be very compact!
(The other cons are the Pros of living at home)