The Student Room Group

I think my flatmate likes me

So I've been at uni half a term and I think one of my flatmates fancies me. Im a girl and we're both 20. He makes little comments like I really enjoy your company or told me the other day that I looked really nice before I went out. He is nice and we get on but I made it obvious that flatmates were a no-go and that he wasn't really my type. Ive talked about other guys I met on nights out but he knows that Ive never had a bf etc. He's been encouraging and said like it's alright you'll deffo find someone in the big city we're in (Glasgow). We are really similar and have the same kinda humour and watch all the same TV etc. I dont really physically fancy him but I do enjoy his company and he makes me laugh so now Im worried that maybe I like him back. Like I get nervous around him which I thought was cause I was worried he would say something and make it awkward but now Im not sure. Dont know what to do please help.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been at uni half a term and I think one of my flatmates fancies me. Im a girl and we're both 20. He makes little comments like I really enjoy your company or told me the other day that I looked really nice before I went out. He is nice and we get on but I made it obvious that flatmates were a no-go and that he wasn't really my type. Ive talked about other guys I met on nights out but he knows that Ive never had a bf etc. He's been encouraging and said like it's alright you'll deffo find someone in the big city we're in (Glasgow). We are really similar and have the same kinda humour and watch all the same TV etc. I dont really physically fancy him but I do enjoy his company and he makes me laugh so now Im worried that maybe I like him back. Like I get nervous around him which I thought was cause I was worried he would say something and make it awkward but now Im not sure. Dont know what to do please help.

Ask him to come over, but have a '20 Question' style conversation. So you can clear the air with him if he likes you back, or you like him in return. If you both like the same TV shows and enjoy his company, I'd say date him. If he's a nice guy, don't hold back.
What you don't want to do, is keep him in the friend zone, or he will feel that he's putting in a lot of effort, for no return, so best be straight with him.
Don't go for the bad boys. They may seem fun to start with, but they will ultimately hurt you more than this nice guy ever will.
Uni is about letting your hair down and trying things you never thought were possible. See how it goes, and you never know. You may end up really liking him and thinking it was the best decision to have him in your life.
Hope this helps.
Original post by Anonymous

I think you actually have ended up unexpectedly liking him. So he may not be the traditional look you normally go for but you've found something better to like which is him and his personality! That will always build a stronger, healthier relationship in the long run. I think this is why you feel nervous around him.

But that said, I agree with the above poster that if he's a 'bad boy'/ serial flirter then continue to get to know him as friends and watch his behavior. If he gets with a lot of girls keeps him in the friends zone. If, however, that is not his personality and he has proven to be kind and sincere then you might start upping your flirt game with him and create some romantic tension. Hopefully he'll say how he feels or asks you out again. I hope this all works out the way you want! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending