The Student Room Group

Law options for my grades

I really want to study law but im scared my grades arent good enough
GCSEs: A*A*AAABB
AS:AABU
A level predicted: A*A*A

Will the U affect my chances greatly? And my current subjects are literature sociology and psychology, i failed math statistics (U)

Which unis are a realistic option for me?
Original post by hh216hh37

Will the U affect my chances greatly? And my current subjects are literature sociology and psychology, i failed math statistics (U)

I would apply for one or two choices at your predicted grades and then the rest below them. The u isnt in a relevant subject so although it will have an effect, it shouldnt be too much.
Original post by hh216hh37

Please dont worry about your GCSE grades for starts, I got three As and two Cs and I've received all five offers for law :smile: Those grades are fantastic, I'm sure you'll get offers coming in!
You don't have to include all 4 AS levels on your application, so personally I would just leave the U out, plus it's not a contributing factor nor does it really relate to the structure of a law course. However, as said above I would apply to some universities with the high grades you are targeted (Kings/Qm/York/Sheffield) RG universities, BUT also apply for some 'safer' options, as I know how stressful A2 can become, and it's nice to think that if you don't achieve everything you originally wanted, you always have something to fall back onto! Also, are you sure you want to study law, have you been to open days and read the module specifications and what the course entails- something I didn't do, and here I am, not sure whether I should have even glanced at law, but then again I am very indecisive! GCSE's aren't a worry, yours are good, plus they aren't really taken into account, as for your AS levels, also very good standard! Uni's with not so high standards are: Liverpool (RG), City university, University of Law, Aston, Kent, but don't limit yourself, your grades are looking great and if you're determined i'm sure you'll smash your exams and make it to a RG uni! If not- there's always clearing!
Original post by Florindawebster
You don't have to include all 4 AS levels on your application, so personally I would just leave the U out, plus it's not a contributing factor nor does it really relate to the structure of a law course. However, as said above I would apply to some universities with the high grades you are targeted (Kings/Qm/York/Sheffield) RG universities, BUT also apply for some 'safer' options, as I know how stressful A2 can become, and it's nice to think that if you don't achieve everything you originally wanted, you always have something to fall back onto! Also, are you sure you want to study law, have you been to open days and read the module specifications and what the course entails- something I didn't do, and here I am, not sure whether I should have even glanced at law, but then again I am very indecisive! GCSE's aren't a worry, yours are good, plus they aren't really taken into account, as for your AS levels, also very good standard! Uni's with not so high standards are: Liverpool (RG), City university, University of Law, Aston, Kent, but don't limit yourself, your grades are looking great and if you're determined i'm sure you'll smash your exams and make it to a RG uni! If not- there's always clearing!

You do have to declare all certified AS grades, unis will see all the grades you have achieved

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending