Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why should i even bother getting married as a man? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't see any benefit which would definitely appeal to me as a man to have me bother going through the effort to suck up to someone else to make babies and waste a lot of time and money on caring for babies and buying baby nappies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will'o'wisp2)
    I can't see any benefit which would definitely appeal to me as a man to have me bother going through the effort to suck up to someone else to make babies and waste a lot of time and money on caring for babies and buying baby nappies.
    Marriage and babies aren’t for everyone. By the sounds of things, they clearly aren’t for you 😂

You may grow older and change your mind, or you may not. But there’s no pressure to get married.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    With that attitude... you shouldn't til you decide to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Took the words right out of my mouth... don't think you'll ever be in the situation to even consider getting married with an attitude like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axc5)
    Took the words right out of my mouth... don't think you'll ever be in the situation to even consider getting married with an attitude like that.
    Who knows though... many a people change their minds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Marriage and babies aren’t for everyone. By the sounds of things, they clearly aren’t for you 😂

You may grow older and change your mind, or you may not. But there’s no pressure to get married.
    This is the phrase i hate the most and it makes me see value in people who constantly reinforce this, plummet fast.
    It's a big steaming pile of ****ing ****.

People tell me "oh but you will drink and you'll like it later on, trust me your tastes will change" sure i'll defo drink later, watch me now all i'm addicted to now, is chicken nuggets and milk.

Sorry for the rant but my parents tell me this all the time "oh you'll want a family you'll want kids you definitely will, i can guarantee it"
    NEVAH HAVE KIDS
    (Original post by axc5)
    Sounds like a good plan, don't ever want it, win win.

ReputationRep:
    This is the phrase i hate the most and it makes me see value in people who constantly reinforce this, plummet fast.

People tell me "oh but you will drink and you'll like it later on, trust me your tastes will change" sure i'll defo drink later, watch me now all i'm addicted to now, is chicken nuggets and milk.

Sorry for the rant but my parents tell me this all the time "oh you'll want a family you'll want kids you definitely will, i can guarantee it"

NEVAH HAVE KIDS

That's fine. If you don't want then don't have 'em.

ReputationRep:
    nowadays the only reason to get married is to have your other half's citizenship (or nationality or whatever) so that you can settle in said country

ReputationRep:
    You should consider it if her family are willing to pay a dowry.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least you're thinking marriage before babies. Most people have abandoned the right approach that sort of approach.

ReputationRep:
    Are you planning on having a sex change, soon? And then you're going to get married as a woman?

ReputationRep:
    look, if you don't want them now then that's fine. but you shouldn't screw up a good relationship in the future with a possibility of having a happy life (maybe with kids) because of this idea that it's not for you.

ReputationRep:
    So don't. It's not some sort of law that everyone has to get married and procreate at some point. If it's not for you then it's not for you. Own it

ReputationRep:
    why did you post this then??? every time someone replies to your question and says "you might change" or "you'll want them when you're older"- which most people will reply, you just tell them that they're wrong. You asked why, they told you why and you're still not happy.

ReputationRep:
    Notice how I said “You May” not you will.

I didn’t say you’d grow up and realise you want to get married when you find the right person. But it’s a possibility.

ReputationRep:

NEVAH HAVE KIDS

reddit.com/r/childfree
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to be married to have babies though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Marriage doesn't automatically mean babies, especially in this day in age when more and more couples are choosing to remain childless.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like women are lining up to marry you.

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. If you don't want then don't have 'em.
    I c
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    nowadays the only reason to get married is to have your other half's citizenship (or nationality or whatever) so that you can settle in said country
    citizenship? what does that do for the other person?
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    You should consider it if her family are willing to pay a dowry.
    searching this on google turns out this is a classic thing for the boys family to do in china etc as if haha
    then again it does depend on the amoount
    (Original post by sknudson)
    Well, at least you're thinking marriage before babies. Most people have abandoned the right approach that sort of approach.
    xD
    i'm not so rash(not when it comes to this sorta stuff anyway)
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Are you planning on having a sex change, soon? And then you're going to get married as a woman?
    i feel like i remember you helping me with a level chemistry at some point
    then again no for a sex change and no for the married as a woman
    (Original post by i_solemnly_swear)
    look, if you don't want them now then that's fine. but you shouldn't screw up a good relationship in the future with a possibility of having a happy life (maybe with kids) because of this idea that it's not for you.
    it'd\ be\ funny\ if\ i\ could\ even\ get\ in\ a\ relationship
    then again i'm not the kind of person to screw something up like that
    (Original post by Allie4)
    So don't. It's not some sort of law that everyone has to get married and procreate at some point. If it's not for you then it's not for you. Own it
    hmmm
    (Original post by cactuss)
    why did you post this then??? every time someone replies to your question and says "you might change" or "you'll want them when you're older"- which most people will reply, you just tell them that they're wrong. You asked why, they told you why and you're still not happy.
    because i want convincing arguments for why anyone would marry
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Notice how I said “You May” not you will.

I didn’t say you’d grow up and realise you want to get married when you find the right person. But it’s a possibility.
    that's true..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.