Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why should i even bother getting married as a man? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The advantages are that you avoid the hair and the make-up and having to buy the frock,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    The advantages are that you avoid the hair and the make-up and having to buy the frock,
    ook, is there anything else of the sort i should know about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will'o'wisp2)
    I can't see any benefit which would definitely appeal to me as a man to have me bother going through the effort to suck up to someone else to make babies and waste a lot of time and money on caring for babies and buying baby nappies.
    You're making a real fuss about this, as though your opinion were unusual or special.

The fact is that there were 140,000 fewer marriages in the UK in 2010, vs 1980. Get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see any benefit which would definitely appeal to me as a man to have me bother going through the effort to suck up to someone else to make babies and waste a lot of time and money on caring for babies and buying baby nappies.
    with that mindset you’re clearly not in love and don’t have any interest in marriage so to you right now there’s no benefit in marriage but that could change. Hope it does change tbh because marriage is a great thing if it’s healthy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    You're making a real fuss about this, as though your opinion were unusual or special.

The fact is that there were 140,000 fewer marriages in the UK in 2010, vs 1980. Get over yourself.
    No that's not really the main point i ntende this thread to me, more like what are the benefits of getting married, cus people still do it but much less now
    (Original post by dixonsaa)
    with that mindset you’re clearly not in love and don’t have any interest in marriage so to you right now there’s no benefit in marriage but that could change. Hope it does change tbh because marriage is a great thing if it’s healthy
    what kind of benefits are there?, what's great about marriage if it's healthy?

ReputationRep:
    what kind of benefits are there?, what's great about marriage if it's healthy?
    you have someone who won’t give up on you and marriage it a relationship but it’s a finalised so you can settle and have a home and a happy family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dixonsaa)
    you have someone who won’t give up on you and marriage it a relationship but it’s a finalised so you can settle and have a home and a happy family
    I see

ReputationRep:
    Dude - If you wanna get married after you find the right person(there are no guarantees you will), that’s cool.

If you don’t ever wanna get married - that’s cool too.

Ever want kids?

If you don’t, cool. If you do, cool.

I’m in an endless mind battle on whether I wanna have kids or not. If I wasn’t an only child!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
    Dude - If you wanna get married after you find the right person(there are no guarantees you will), that’s cool.

If you don’t ever wanna get married - that’s cool too.

Ever want kids?

If you don’t, cool. If you do, cool.

I’m in an endless mind battle on whether I wanna have kids or not. If I wasn’t an only child!
    Man, sometimes it's better to never have siblings xD

Getting married is stupid. It’s like being married to a grenade, if you pull the ring off it’ll destroy your house and 50% of your assets/earnings.

ReputationRep:
    man, sometimes it's better to never have siblings xd
    true tho.

ReputationRep:
    I agree as a female theres not much point in being married either unless you find someone you get on great with. I dont really fancy bringing kids up either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Getting married is stupid. It’s like being married to a grenade, if you pull the ring off it’ll destroy your house and 50% of your assets/earnings.
    Not if you make sure the other person invests half or more.

ReputationRep:
    Who will feed you when you become old after having knowledge nothing. ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Interesting take
    (Original post by inthedark1)
    I agree as a female theres not much point in being married either unless you find someone you get on great with. I dont really fancy bringing kids up either.
    True, true
    (Original post by ismailali)
    Who will feed you when you become old after having knowledge nothing. ????
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZiq32pUUAA_6pg.jpg

ReputationRep:
    The OP takes a sad view of marriage, and presumes that children is the main reason for it. There are many couples who never have children by choice and have long and happy marriages. The majority of marriages do not end in divorce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingHarold)
    The OP takes a sad view of marriage, and presumes that children is the main reason for it. There are many couples who never have children by choice and have long and happy marriages. The majority of marriages do not end in divorce.
    I never mentioned that was the sole reason. Can't assume things which i never even implied.

If it was the children specifically i would've stated so saying that thy are the sole reason why. Or i might've said something what's the point of having babies in a marriage?

Kids are just 1 reason.

So then, what about the marries that do end in divorce, why do they end so?

ReputationRep:
    This is the phrase i hate the most and it makes me see value in people who constantly reinforce this, plummet fast.
    It's a big steaming pile of ****ing ****.

People tell me "oh but you will drink and you'll like it later on, trust me your tastes will change" sure i'll defo drink later, watch me now all i'm addicted to now, is chicken nuggets and milk.

Sorry for the rant but my parents tell me this all the time "oh you'll want a family you'll want kids you definitely will, i can guarantee it"
    Okay triggered boi ,person said you [may] change your mind later on, not that it will definitely happen. I've met plenty of people who did change their mind so it's a possibility
    Of course you don't want children, you are obviously a child yourself

ReputationRep:
    You haven't met the one yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safari24)
    Okay triggered boi ,person said you [may] change your mind later on, not that it will definitely happen. I've met plenty of people who did change their mind so it's a possibility
    Of course you don't want children, you are obviously a child yourself
    And of course off to the insults when you can't think of anything better to say.

Sorry but when that bull is shoved down your throat anything of the sort comes up it's difficult not to be annoyed at the very least, y'know typical asian parent stuff but hey guess i don't want it, that's when they really start to force that crap on you
    (Original post by ~scorpio~)
    You haven't met the one yet
    I hope i do some time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.